- Brendan Sonnone of the Orlando Sentinel poses the question of if Wake Forest, who passes the ball significantly more than any of FSU's first three opponents, will be a test for the Florida State defense.
Wake Forest is ninth nationally in passing attempts per game, with 41.5. FSU's defense has seen an average of 27 passes per game; only 11 Power 5 schools have seen less passes this season.
FSU has only allowed 4.3 yards per passing attempt, which is third nationally, so the Seminoles' secondary has performed well when tested. Playing a team that is more active passing the ball should keep FSU defensive backs more engaged, according to Ramsey.
- Dan Collins of the Winston-Salem Journal relays the message from Wake Forest head coach Dave Clawson that John Wolford will be the Deacs' starter at QB whenever he is healthy, which could be as soon as this weekend, despite Kendall Hinton's impressive performances in Wolford's absence.
- Ken Sugiera, a Georgia Tech beat writer for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, argues that many of GT's problems through the first few weeks are due to QB Justin Thomas trying to do too much. Thomas, who has been touted as the perfect quarterback for the triple option that GT runs, has a few weeks to figure it out before Florida State travels to Atlanta on October 24th.
- The Tallahassee Democrat's Safid Deen expounds upon how Florida State has used its bye week to build depth and experience across the offensive linemen.
- Manny Navarro, sportswriter for the Miami Herald, analyzes what has gone well, as well as not so well, through Miami's first three games this season. Although there has been some good, there are definitely some kinks that need to worked out if the Hurricanes want to keep it close with Florida State on October 10th.
- Bud Elliott, publisher for Tomahawk Nation, compares the average age of FSU's assistant coaches to the average age of the teams that the Seminoles recruit against.
- Josh Brown, a 2016 4* FSU commit at outside linebacker, recently confirmed to Chris Nee of Noles 247 that he will be making an official visit to Tallahassee the weekend of October 10th for the FSU/UM game. ($)