Hurricane Matthew showed up in Florida this past week and as a result, there were several games canceled. But the commits and targets that did play put up impressive stats.
- 2018 running back commit, Charles Strong, had one of the biggest games of the year. Strong rushed for 322 yards and three touchdowns on 34 carries. Strong carried Union County to a 27-26 win over Hawthorne.
- Khalan Laborn ran for 210 yards and five touchdowns in Bishop Sullivan’s 51-9 route of Providence Day. The 2017 running back commit also took a screen 80 yards for a score in the blowout.
- It was a good week for the Cook family. While Davin was leading Florida State to victory over Miami, his brother, James Cook, was carrying Miami Central to a win over Jackson. The 2018 running back commit scored the first two touchdowns of the game and ended the game with 64 yards rushing. Miami Central won easily 48-6 over Jackson.
- 2017 quarterback commit, Bailey Hockman, led McEachern to a 17-10 win over North Cobb. Hockman finished with 197 yards passing and a touchdown in the victory.
- D.J. Matthews and Trinity Christian easily won 42-7 over Godby. The 2017 wide receiver commit does a little bit of everything for Trinity. This week he took on some of the rushing duties and finished with 83 yards and a score.
That’s all we have for this week. If you know of any other results, let us know in the comments. Keep checking back each week for udpates on #Tribe17 and the future.