Another week of high school games, another week of Florida State commits showing why fans have reason to be excited about the future.
- Bailey Hockman had another solid game in McEachern’s 43-14 route of Kennesaw Mountain. The 2017 quarterback commit completed 17 passes for 261 yards and three touchdowns.
- A name that hasn’t been mentioned before because defensive players don’t usually make the headlines is 2017 safety commit, Cyrus Fagan. But that changed this week, when Fagan took an interception 101 yards for a touchdown on the last play of the game in Mainland’s 41-0 beatdown of Matanzas.
- D.J. Matthews has had to play several positions this year on offense and defense for Trinity. That continued this past week, as the 2017 wide receiver commit played quarterback. He ended the night with two touchdown passes in Trinity’s 43-20 win over Fort Pierce Central.
- 2017 running back commit, Khalan Laborn, scored twice in Bishop Sullivan’s 46-0 shutout of Bishop O’Connell. He had a touchdown run of 24 yards and a touchdown reception of 32 yards.
- Charles Strong, a 2018 running back commit, had a touchdown run of 14 yards for Union County. But it wasn’t enough, as they fell by a score of 34-12 to Fort White.
- It was another strong week for running back James Cook. The 2018 commit finished with three touchdowns and 122 yards rushing in Miami Central’s 44-37 loss to Miami Northwestern.
- Justin Watkins, a 2018 commit, led Vanguard to a 56-7 victory over Gainesville. Watkins had 178 yards rushing and three touchdowns. One of those touchdowns was a 15 yard reception.
That’s all we have this week. Let us know in the comments which recruit you are most excited about. Keep checking back each week for updates on #Tribe17 and the future.