We're back with another week of updates on Florida State commits and targets. After a rough Saturday for the ‘Noles, fans can take some solace knowing that there are future stars on the way.
- Running back Zaquandre White had a great game in his team's losing effort. The 2017 commit rushed for 142 yards on 23 carries. He also returned a punt 85 yards for a touchdown in North Fort Myers 38-34 loss to Port Charlotte.
- Sticking with running backs, 2017 commit, Khalan Laborn, rushed for 140 yards in Bishop Catholic's 25-13 win over Our Lady of Good Counsel.
- 2018 running back commit, James Cook, and Miami Central were upset 34-7 by Carol City. Cook had a touchdown run in the loss.
- Isaiah Bolden continues to do a little bit of everything. The 2018 cornerback commit had a rushing touchdown from five yards out to go along with a 72 yard punt return for a touchdown. Bolden and Wesley Chapel won easily over Fivay, 45-6.
- The 2018 class has some play makers and Justin Watkins is no exception. The 2018 commit scored a touchdown in Vanguard's 51-0 blowout win over Leesburg.
- D.J. Matthews played quarterback for Trinity this past week. The 2017 wide receiver commit had four touchdowns in Trinity Christian's 56-13 win over Providence.
- 2017 defensive tackle commits, Cory Durden and Ja'len Parks, helped Newberry shut out Branford. Durden had a touchdown catch and a fumble recovery in the 28-0 victory.
- 2017 cornerback commit, Stanford Samuels, was injured in Flanagan's 8-7 win over Miramar.
That's all we have for this week. If you know of any other stats or results, let us know. Keep checking back each week for updates on #Tribe17 and the future.