- According to the Ultimate QB rankings from ESPN (insider), Florida State has already faced the No. 1, No. 4 and No. 5 QBs in the nation after playing against Louisville’s Lamar Jackson, UNC’s Mitch Trubinsky and Ole Miss’ Chad Kelly respectively. Still on the slate is No. 2 QB, Clemson’s Desean Watson. Who do you think is the best quarterback from the group?
- As of the 11 PM advisory on Thursday night, Hurricane Matthew’s eye is well north of Miami Gardens, the planned location for Saturday’s Florida State vs. Miami football game. Although the eye passed offshore and east of Miami, the effects were felt as wind gusts exceeding 50 MPH. As of 1 AM EST on Friday, the game is still scheduled to be played at 8 PM on Saturday night.
- Tomahawk Nation’s DKfromVA answered some questions for State of the U, the Miami Hurricanes SB Nation site, regarding Dalvin Cook, DeMarcus Walker and gave his thoughts on a score prediction. You can see the full Tomahawk Nation staff predictions at 12 PM EST on Friday.
- Following not practicing on Thursday, the Miami Hurricanes will be back at practice on Friday, according to a report from the Palm Beach Post. Due to the hurricane, the ‘Canes did not practice on Thursday.
- The University of Florida had it’s game against LSU cancelled with hopes of a future rescheduling. One of the dates discussed was November 19 if the two teams are able to buy out their respective FCS opponents. Florida is set to travel to Tallahassee and face the Seminoles on November 26th.
- Four-star Florida State DT commit Ja’len Parks was named an Army All-American, and will be playing in the annual Army All-American Bowl on January 7th.
- Former Buffalo Bills RB Karlos Williams looks as if he will re-sign with the team after being cut in the preseason due to rapid weight gain.