We’re back with another week of updates on future Seminoles. Playoffs started this past week and several commits and targets made an impact in their games.
- One name that hasn’t been discussed as much this year is 2017 cornerback commit, Stanford Samuels III. The 5-star recruit has been battling injuries this year but was on the field and making plays in Flanagan’s 21-7 win over Piper. Samuels ran in a touchdown from 42 yards out and also had a touchdown pass of 36 yards.
- Bailey Hockman and McEachern started slow but pulled out a 35-10 victory over Lassiter. The 2017 quarterback commit had two touchdown passes in the victory.
- James Blackman saw his high school career come to an end with a playoff loss to Booker T. Washington. Blackman had 195 yards passing and two touchdown passes in Glades Central’s 47-30 loss.
- 2017 wide receiver commit D.J. Matthews had 45 yards rushing and a touchdown run in Trinity’s 64-16 blowout of Taylor County.
- Justin Watkins led Vanguard to a 45-0 shutout of Springstead. The 2018 commit had 135 yards rushing to go with three touchdowns.
- 2017 running back target, Cam Akers, and Clinton blew out Hernando 63-35. Not all of the stats were available, but Akers had two rushing touchdowns and 2 passing touchdowns in the first half.
That’s all for this week. If you know of any other stats or updates, let us know in the comments. Check back next week to see how Florida State commits and targets perform in the second round of the playoffs.