- Corey Clark of the Tallahassee Democrat makes the argument that if FSU head coach Jimbo Fisher wants to leave for LSU, Florida State should let him. He argues that Florida State will be able to hire a just as elite coach due to the reputation of the school.
- In last night’s College Football Playoff rankings, Florida State moved up to No. 14. This Saturday’s opponent, Florida, is right behind the ‘Noles at No. 15.
- Florida State has not lost to rivals Florida or Miami in the past three years. Jared Shanker of ESPN asks how long FSU can keep up this kind of success against rival teams.
- Although QB Deondre Francois and RB Jordan Scarlett ended up at FSU and Florida respectively, the pair could have been playing for the opposite team this Saturday.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers DB Javien Elliott was promoted to the active roster from the practice squad. After being an undrafted free agent signing by Tampa, Elliott had been on the practice squad all season.
“He catches the ball, 22 PER miles an hour! This guy got speed!” @XavierRhodes29_ is @Ike_SwagginU’s Top DB: WK 11 https://t.co/pQKFjn5GLY— NFL (@NFL) November 22, 2016
- Currently, FSU holds on to a slim lead for the 10th overall 2017 recruiting class in the nation according to 247 composite rankings. The team’s class, headlined by five-star DB Stanford Samuels, has 14 total commitment with eight of those rated a four-star or higher.