- An interesting report states that Florida State could be a target if the Big 12 chooses to expand this summer.
- ESPN's Andrea Adelson sat down for an interview with ACC Commissioner John Swofford.
- Florida State added a commitment on Saturday from 2017 four-star defensive tackle Cory Durden.
- Over the weekend, Florida State offered three-star defensive tackle Akial Byers, the No. 1 player from Arkansas in the 2017 recruiting class.
Florida State has offered Fayetteville junior DL @akial_byers.— Richard Davenport (@ArRecruitingGuy) February 19, 2016
In his newest mock draft for NFL.com, Chad Reuter had Jalen Ramsey going to the Jacksonville Jaguars as the fifth-overall pick and Roberto Aguayo as a fourth-round selection by the Houston Texans, No. 119 overall. Reuter also lists Nile Lawrence-Stample and Terrance Smith, among his additional players worthy of selection in the first four rounds.
- The Florida State baseball team opened its 2016 season with a sweep of the visiting Rhode Island Rams.
- In worse news, the Florida State men's basketball team suffered its fourth straight loss, this time at Virginia Tech, that will put an end to a any NCAA Tournament hopes for the Seminoles unless they make a highly improbable ACC Tournament run.
- Our own Matt Minnick provided some observations on FSU's loss at VT and what it says about this season as large.