- The Sporting News' Bill Bender lists FSU as the fifth-best college football program of the last 15 years.
- Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher finds himself in the middle of the pack in a power ranking of how successful each FBS coach's playing career was, compiled by Adam Rittenberg of ESPN.
65. Jimbo Fisher, Florida State Seminoles: Fisher initially went to Clemson to play baseball but left after a semester and enrolled at Division III Salem College. He earned All-America honors at Salem and twice was named league player of the year. Fisher spent his final season at Samford College, where he was named Division III national player of the year in 1987. Fisher then spent a season in the Arena League.
- Three different FSU teams made SB Nation's Bill Connelly's list of the 50 best college football teams since World War II.
- Chris Hays, recruiting reporter for the Orlando Sentinel, highlights the two FSU commits who punched their tickets to The Opening at last weekend's Miami regional.
The high praise for Jalen Ramsey continues to pour in.
Jalen Ramsey has my highest grade in the last three draft classes. So, yeah, I'd draft him over anyone.— Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) March 10, 2016
- The Florida State basketball team's run at the NCAA Tournament ended Wednesday with the Seminoles falling to Virginia Tech.