- Sharon Katz of ESPN Stats and Info predicted how the 2016 football season would play out in March-Madness style using FPI. The results are promising for Florida State although just a simulation.
- 2017 four-star tight end Matt Dotson and 2018 tight end Brendan Bates, high school teammates at Archbishop Moeller (OH) in Cincinnati, were both on unofficial visits to Florida State on Wednesday and observed practice.
-2016 FSU signee Naseir Upshur will be visiting FSU this weekend.
can't wait to visit tally this weekend! @TimBrewster— Pop (@NaseirUpshur) March 31, 2016
- Florida State legend Deion Sanders returned to Tallahassee on Wednesday, talking with the Seminoles before practice.
Welcome back, Prime Time. pic.twitter.com/TH3eFDcx6e— FSU Football (@FSU_Football) March 30, 2016
- Sanders' real reason for coming to Tallahassee, however, was to interview Jalen Ramsey for NFL Network ahead of next month's NFL Draft, where Ramsey seems poised to be a top-five pick. Prime Time's visit resulted in this incredible picture from Jimbo Fisher's office view of the stadium.
Deion + Jimbo + Jalen pic.twitter.com/40ZHJQX2ID— FSU Football (@FSU_Football) March 30, 2016
- Suffice it to say, I think Florida State left a good impression on Sanders.
- Speaking of Ramsey, Charley Casserly, an NFL media analyst and former NFL GM, recently stated that he believes Ramsey is a better cornerback prospect than Patrick Peterson, the No. 5 overall pick in 2011.
- The Oakland Raiders remain optimistic and have gotten good news back on Mario Edwards Jr.'s recovery from his severe neck injury suffered last December.
- Our own Michael Rogner analyzes the aspects of Dwayne Bacon's game which could benefit Florida State next season by his decision to return.
- On the other end of the basketball spectrum, Malik Beasley's departure from FSU was officially confirmed with him signing with representation Wednesday night.
Malik Beasley, who averaged 15.6 PPG and 5.3 RPG* at FSU this year, is officially entering NBA draft and will be represented by ASM Sports.— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) March 31, 2016