- With spring practices already underway at some programs across the country, ESPN's Mark Schlabach highlights some of the interesting storylines entering spring football including a special nod to Florida State's quarterback competition.
- Bill Connelly of SB Nation includes one FSU defense among his 25 best defenses of all time.
Bobby Bowden's awesome Seminoles won two of college football's greatest matchups in 1980 and made their first serious national title threat because of a dominant D. Despite a brutal schedule that featured three top-five opponents and nine teams that won at least seven games, the Seminoles gave up just 8.6 points per game -- 18 per game against three elite teams and 5.4 against everybody else. Defensive coordinator Jack Stanton's Noles recorded 38 sacks, 18 interceptions, and 22 fumble recoveries and held opponents to an anemic 2.4 yards per carry.
Nebraska averaged nearly 40 points per game but eked out just 14 in one of Bowden's first statement wins, an 18-14 victory in Lincoln.
- The Seminoles are also heavily featured on Connelly's list of the top 20 college football matchups of all time.
- SB Nation's Kevin Trahan takes a fascinating look at when each state last had a highly-touted recruit.
- A pair of 2017 Seminole commits (Zaquandre White and Vandarius Cowan) and multiple other FSU targets got their invitations to The Opening at Sunday's The Opening: Miami regional.
Former Seminole Jalen Ramsey officially signed with Jordan over the weekend.
God has blessed me beyond measure this past year and this is yet another example of His good… https://t.co/jwpBNQXVCR— Jalen Ramsey (@TheJalenRamsey) March 5, 2016
- The Florida State basketball team impressed for the second straight week in its Senior Day victory over Syracuse on Saturday, locking in the 11 seed in this week's ACC Tournament which begins on Tuesday.
- The FSU baseball team won two of three over visiting St. John's this past weekend, improving the season record to 8-3.