- David Hale of ESPN takes a look at the state of the Florida State football program.
Trajectory: Steady at the top. It says a lot about a program when a 10-win season and a berth in a New Year's Six game constitutes a down year, but that's where Florida State is these days. The blowout by Houston in the Peach Bowl certainly left a sour taste in the mouths of Seminoles fans, but 2015 still was a stellar campaign even as Fisher searched for a QB. If he finds an answer in 2016, Florida State will be in the mix for a second national title in four years.
- Two Seminoles were named to Sports Illustrated's list of 10 ACC players to watch in 2016.
- Dalvin Cook has 12/1 odds to be the 2016 Heisman winner according to the newest odds from the Las Vegas Superbook.
.@LVSuperBook Heisman odds: Watson 5-1 Fournette/McCaffrey 6-1 Mayfield 10-1 Cook/Russell 12-1 Barrett/Chubb 15-1 Kelly/Kizer/Rosen 20/1— Brett McMurphy (@McMurphyESPN) March 9, 2016
- Florida State signee Brian Burns, a 2016 defensive end, took to Twitter to show off his athleticism.
- Former Seminole Jalen Ramsey is projected as the fourth overall pick in CBS Sports' Pete Prisco's newest mock draft.
Jalen Ramsey, S, Florida State: He could play corner, which they need, or become a rangy free safety on the back end. He would give their secondary a lot of versatility. They have really struggled on the back end.
- More interesting news on Ramsey as NFL Network's Mike Mayock moved Jalen Ramsey's position in his updated rankings.
Of note in @MikeMayock's new position rankings, Jalen Ramsey moves from #1 CB to #1 safety— NFL Media (@NFLMedia) March 8, 2016
- Jameis Winston, former FSU football and baseball player, and DJ Stewart, former FSU baseball player, were both in attendance at last night's FSU/USF baseball game in Tampa.