- The Seminoles lost a player to transfer on Wednesday aslinebacker Tyrell Lyons took to Facebook to share that he was leaving the team. Our own Bud Elliott shared the instant impact that Lyons' departure will have on the team as a whole.
-In case you didn't know, FSU is the only program in the FBS which holds a perfect home record over the last three years.
- Florida State is just outside the top five of Pro Football Focus' post-spring top 25 rankings, coming in at No. 6 behind Alabama, Oklahoma, LSU, Clemson, and Michigan, in that order.
6. Florida State
Years of strong recruiting has kept the talent flowing in Tallahassee, led by perhaps the nation's best all-around defensive player, Derwin James. The defensive line returns DeMarcus Walker, Josh Sweat and Derrick Nnadi, who all showed well a year ago, while the offense is led by the nation's most dynamic running back in Dalvin Cook. Like Michigan, it will be all about the quarterback position for the Seminoles, as Sean Maguire (-4.8 in 2015) battles two freshmen in Deondre Francois and Malik Henry.
- Jared Shanker and Andrea Adelson of ESPN polled a wide array of ACC coaches, asking them if they think FSU or Clemson will be better in 2016. The overwhelming choice may not appease Florida State fans. For my money, these teams are both very talented and match up well but what could be the difference maker come the game between the two on October 29th? It will be played in Tallahassee where the Tigers have not won in 10 years.
- FSU recruiting coordinator Tim Brewster took to Twitter on Tuesday to troll Miami about the last time he was in Coral Gables and caused 2016 four-star running back Amir Rasul to decommit from UM and flip to FSU.
The last time I was in Gables I left w the best RB in the State of Florida!— Tim Brewster (@TimBrewster) May 17, 2016
On Wednesday, just one day after the tweet, Brewster was back at it again, visiting with Miami commit Robert Burns, a 2017 four-star running back commit.
FSU also offered 2018 four-star athlete Kearis Jackson on Wednesday. Jackson now holds 11 offers and lists Alabama, Georgia, Miami, Michigan, and Michigan State among the schools which have offered him.
- FSU football alums Zack and Henri Crockett sat down with Safid Deen of the Tallahassee Democrat to discuss, among other things, the best lessons they ever learned from former head coach Bobby Bowden.
The FSU Men's Golf team joined the women's team in qualifying for the national finals on Wednesday, finishing in a tie for fourth in the Kohler Regional.