- Andrea Adelson of ESPN postures that the ACC's biggest challenge in week one of the 2016 season will be Florida State's Labor Day matchup with Ole Miss. Interestingly enough, the SEC's most challenging week one matchup is the exact same game.
ACC: Florida State vs. Ole Miss
Truthfully, this is toss-up between Clemson-Auburn and Florida State-Ole Miss. Clemson opens on the road at a difficult place to play at night, facing much higher expectations than Auburn. Though Clemson is the better team, this could be a tricky game. But ultimately, Florida State faces the bigger challenge against Ole Miss in what should be a much more evenly matched game. Both teams are in the way-too-early preseason top 15, and both have significant contributors to replace. Though Florida State does return more starters, including running back Dalvin Cook, the big question is what happens at quarterback? Coach Jimbo Fisher has given no hints about whether he will turn to veteran Sean Maguire or redshirt freshman Deondre Francois, saying only that he will pick the player that gives his team the best chance to win. That decision will go a long way toward determining how this matchup plays out.
- More from Adelson, who states exactly how important it is for the Atlantic Coast Conference to have a successful first week of the 2016 season. The ACC has had no problem scheduling significant non-conference games for the opening weekend in the past but have failed to win a majority of those big-time games in the last couple years. With multiple premier non-conference games with ACC teams this year, including a trio of ACC/SEC matchups, the conference has a chance to establish itsself among the nation's best with a solid week one showing.
- Florida State defensive end DeMarcus Walker took to Twitter to thank the Seminoles equipment staff for the addition of some new equipment in the FSU practice facility.
- Our own David Visser asked the question of if the Seminoles are up for the tough task of setting a new school record for longest home win streak.
- SB Nation's Bill Connelly takes a look at an Oklahoma State team that has a lot to prove this year and could have the talent to do so. The Cowboys could be a top-15 team by season's end but would have to go through Big 12 frontrunner and in-state rival Oklahoma to take the conference.
- 2017 tight end Alexander Marshall recently shared that he will be making his commitment decision in three weeks on June 12th. Marshall, who is visiting FSU on June 4th, looks to have the Seminoles as a frontrunner with his 247Sports crystal ball currently sitting at 90% to Florida State.
- Florida State offered 2018 tight end Jeremy Ruckert on Tuesday.
- Former Seminole Jalen Ramsey and recent Jacksonville draft pick Jalen Ramsey had surgery on his partially torn meniscus and the prognosis seems very positive, per this report from Adam Schefter.
Jaguars 1st-round pick Jalen Ramsey underwent surgery to repair meniscus in right knee, but expected to return by training camp, per source.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 24, 2016
- It was announced Monday the FSU basketball team would be hosting Minnesota in next year's ACC/Big 10 Challenge, which comes in as the eighth-best matchup in this year's challenge according to C.L. Brown of ESPN's rankings.
8. Minnesota at Florida State: Who doesn't want more Bacon? The Seminoles have one of the best backcourts in Dwayne Bacon and Xavier Rathan-Mayes. Jordan Murphy guides a Gophers squad that should be much more competitive than last season.
- Tomahawk Nation's final ACC baseball power rankings were released on Tuesday ahead of this week's conference tournament.