- The Atlantic Coast Conference revenue numbers for the 2014-2015 season were announced over the weekend and the conference surpassed $400 million dollars in revenue, up more than $100 million from the year before as reported by Andrea Adelson of ESPN.
- Unsurprisingly, ESPN's Matt Fortuna named Florida State vs. Clemson as the ACC's most intriguing conference game.
ACC: Florida State vs. Clemson
Perhaps no conference has an easier answer to this question than the ACC. It's not enough that either Clemson or Florida State has won every ACC title since 2011, or that the winner of this game in each of the past three seasons has gone on to play in either the BCS title game or the College Football Playoff. What's even more intriguing this time is that the Oct. 29 matchup features two playoff front-runners, as both teams are ranked in the top four of Mark Schlabach's Way Too Early Top 25. Moreover, the visiting team in this matchup, Clemson, is ranked higher than the home team, FSU. With both teams bringing back Heisman Trophy candidates in Deshaun Watson and Dalvin Cook, the latest edition of Clemson-FSU should have a buildup like no other game in the ACC. -- Matt Fortuna
Chase Goodbread of CFB 24/7 included one Florida State sophomore on his list of the most freakish athletes in college football.
8. Derwin James, DB, Florida State
Class (size): Sophomore (6-3, 213)
Meet the new Jalen Ramsey of the FSU secondary. No, James isn't a cornerback, so there's one key difference between the No. 5 overall pick of the 2016 draft and the Seminoles' rising sophomore. But make no mistake: after just one year in the FSU secondary, James will be counted on as the unit's playmaker and leader this fall. He's crazy strong for his size with a bench press of more than 400 pounds. A cousin of former Indianapolis Colts star RB Edgerrin James, Derwin can leap human beings in a single bound.
- Over the weekend, Florida State made the top ten schools list for 2018 four-star cornerback Isaiah Bolden.
TOP TEN SCHOOLS THANK YOU ALL COACHES pic.twitter.com/vqstnR7erk— Isaiah Bolden (@isaiahbolden23) May 28, 2016
- FSU also found itself among the top seven schools for JaCoby Stevens, the No. 1 athlete in the 2017 recruiting class. Stevens, a consensus five-star prospect who can play both wide receiver and safety, has 32 total offers and will be one of the most contested recruits of the upcoming recruiting cycle.
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️ pic.twitter.com/VDLgVgYRzJ— JaCoby Stevens (@jacobystevens7) May 31, 2016
- The Florida State baseball team officially learned its postseason fate on Monday when the participants for this weekend's Tallahassee Regional were announced.