- Stephen Hogg of Above the Press Box includes a pair of Florida State matchups in his list of the top 25 games of the 2016 season.
- In yet another way-too-early 2017 mock draft, Steve Palazzolo of Pro Football Focus projects Dalvin Cook as the No. 9 overall pick to the New Orleans Saints.
The year of the running back features a number of different options and the Saints go with the best big-play threat of the bunch. Cook picked up a 15-plus yard gain on 14.8 percent of his carries and 62.9 percent of his rushing yards came on breakaway runs — the highest percentage in the nation. His second gear makes him a scoring threat on every touch, whether in the run game or catching the ball out of the backfield.
- In even further praise of the Florida State running back, The Comeback's Eric Galko has Cook on his list of 10 players who could go No. 1 overall in the 2017 draft.
- Florida State offered 2018 four-star cornerback Isaiah Bolden on Tuesday.
- Gil Brandt, a senior analyst for NFL Media, has Roberto Aguayo on his list of rookies with the potential to make the biggest impact in the NFL next season.
The most accurate kicker in NCAA history (with a .9674 combined conversion rate on field goals and extra points) is a very confident player who will solve the Buccaneers' kicking problems for a long time. He is the highest-drafted kicker since the Jets took Mike Nugent -- who, coincidentally, had a brief stint with Tampa -- in Round 2 (No. 47 overall) of the 2005 NFL Draft. Yes, the Bucs traded up to get Aguayo, but he really only has to win one game to make that investment worth it. Aguayo doesn't have a Sebastian Janikowski-type leg, but kickers have a tendency to get stronger with age.
- In other news, we learned on Tuesday that Jalen Ramsey will wear #38 for the Jaguars and Aguayo will retain the #19 he wore throughout his career at FSU.
- Florida State point guard Xavier Rathan-Mayes withdrew his name from the NBA's early-entry list and announced his decision to return to Tallahassee for his junior season.
- Tuesday brought another set of Tomahawk Nation's ACC baseball power rankings, which saw FSU fall from the top spot after just one week.