- SB Nation’s Bill Connelly wrapped up his preview of the Atlantic Coast Conference by unveiling his ACC preseason power rankings for the 2016 season. After the obvious top two teams on the list, Connelly places Louisville as the team most likely to dethrone Clemson and FSU. That being said, the more intriguing question is which ACC team will emerge as the fourth-best team in the conference with a number of contenders vying for one spot.
- One Florida State football player is included in ESPN's list of the top 10 ACC players most ready for a big return in 2016.
Trey Marshall, DB, Florida State
After starting the first six games of the season, a biceps injury ended Marshall's sophomore campaign early. He returned to work during spring practice, and he promises to be a key figure in a secondary that's already among the best in the ACC -- and maybe the country.
- Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher and former Seminole QB Jameis Winston received recognition from Florida Governor Rick Scott on Wednesday for taking time out of their busy schedules to visit victims of the Orlando Shooting in the hospital. On his visit to the victims, Fisher called it humbling, as reported by Brendan Sonnone of the Orlando Sentinel.
Thank you Coach Jimbo Fisher & Jameis Winston for visiting survivors & their families! @orlandohealth @FSU_Football pic.twitter.com/4lbDlpFp7R— Rick Scott (@FLGovScott) June 22, 2016
- Highly-touted 2017 long snapper Thomas Fletcher, who has offers from Alabama, Texas A&M, and Oregon in addition to his FSU offer, took to Twitter to share that he would be making his commitment decision in the near future.
Decision time coming soon @TheChrisRubio • huge shoutout to my boy @Hayesfawcett3 for the edit. pic.twitter.com/6xXd49EhJu— Thomas Fletcher (@longsnapfletch) June 22, 2016
- At last week’s Jimbo Fisher Football Camp, we checked in with Tru Thompson, a 2019 defensive tackle who already weighs in at 336 pounds, on how FSU fit into his recruitment.'
- Bud Elliott, in his role as the National Recruiting Analyst for SB Nation, discusses how early recruiting class rankings tend to favor higher quality recruits over a larger quantity of less impressive players.
- Former Seminole running back Devonta Freeman is among Michael Robinson’s three most underrated RBs entering the 2016 season after a breakout 2015 campaign.
.@RealMikeRob's 3 Most Underrated RBs:— NFL (@NFL) June 22, 2016
1. https://t.co/89SnGXA25m (via @NFLNow) pic.twitter.com/v1ycl9czPB
- FSU’s Stefan Brits received a spectacular honor on Wednesday as he was named the ACC Scholar-Athlete of the Year for Men’s Outdoor Track and Field.
Congrats to Stefan Brits, ACC Scholar-Athlete of the Year https://t.co/aN2rFO9wRt pic.twitter.com/xsElVHwMSy— FSU Seminoles (@Seminoles) June 22, 2016
- The NBA Draft is slated for Thursday night and one former Seminole, Malik Beasley, is projected by many to be a first-round pick in this year’s draft. If you are interested in watching the draft, it will air on ESPN beginning at 7:30 PM EST and for Florida State coverage of the draft, keep it tuned to Tomahawk Nation.
- Speaking of Beasley, he seems to be shooting up the draft boards ahead of tonight's draft.
Late draft riser seems to be Malik Beasley. Could go as high as 12 to ATL. Strongly in mix at 17/18. Seemingly doesn't get past Pacers at 20— Jonathan Givony (@DraftExpress) June 23, 2016