Following Friday afternoon’s Kickoff Luncheon at the Tucker Center that was open to the public, the ‘Noles once again closed their doors to all but credentialed media while they practiced during the afternoon. They worked out in shells amid temperatures in the low 90s under sunny skies.
A quick note here, folks: we’re toying around with a possible format change and will be experimenting with using bullet points instead of the traditional paragraph-style prose. We’d really appreciate any feedback you’d care to provide in the comments section below about which approach you prefer. Thanks in advance.
Remaining out were the following Seminoles:
- OL Cole Minshew
- C Corey Martinez
- DB Nate Andrews
- DL Darvin Taylor
- LB Dontavious Jackson
- QB Malik Henry (suspension)
- Deondre Francois continues to work as the first-team quarterback, but Sean Maguire returned and took the third reps, behind J.J. Cosentino.
- The first-team OL, left to right: Rod Johnson, Kareem Are, Alec Eberle, Wilson Bell, and Rick Leonard.
- The twos: Derrick Kelly, David Robbins, Andrew Boselli, Landon Dickerson, and Brock Ruble.
- And the third team: Abdul Bello, Ethan Frith, Baveon Johnson, Joshua Peters, and Josh Ball.
- WR Nyqwan Murray was no longer in a non-contact jersey, and receivers Bobo Wilson and Ermon Lane worked out as well, as did George Campbell.
- Aside from QB and the OL, the other starters on offense were Dalvin Cook, Ryan Izzo, Wilson, Kermit Whitfield, and Travis Rudolph. The second-string WRs were Pigg Harrison, Nyqwan Murray, and Ermon Lane, with tight end Mavin Saunders, and Auden Tate and Keith Gavin got in with the threes, as did TE Naseir Upshur.
- DE Josh Sweat again worked out with a brace on his left knee, and lined up opposite DeMarcus Walker on the first-team defense (Walker played with his hand in the ground, Sweat did not). Demarcus Christmas and Derrick Nnadi were in the trenches, while Ro’Derrick Hoskins and Matthew Thomas manned the linebacker spots. The corners were Marquez White and Tarvarus McFadden, and the safeties were Derwin James and Trey Marshall. Marcus Lewis played the star position.
- Cornerback Levonta Taylor returned from a thigh bruise, and DE Keith Bryant was back as well.
- Although he was in a walking boot at the Kickoff Luncheon, punter/holder Jack Steed practiced.
- Both Ricky Aguayo and Logan Tyler kicked field goals, while the latter handled kickoffs with a coverage team consisting of A.J. Westbrook, Hoskins, Lewis, Johnathan Vickers, Kyle Meyers, James, Jacob Pugh, Marshall, Freddie Stevenson, and Thomas.
Florida State will close fall camp tomorrow with a practice scheduled for around 3 pm. Be sure to check back for a practice report.