- Miami’s starters were defeated by the team’s scout team in a scrimmage on Thursday. The team was preparing for its season opener against FAMU when the scout team acting as the Rattlers, were victorious. Head coach Mark Richt did not release any statistics from the game.
- CBS Sports experts released their predictions for the 2016 ACC standings, with four of the seven analysts choosing Florida State as the winner. Three analysts also go on to say that Miami (FL) is the most overrated team in the conference. What do you think the final ACC standings will look like?
Florida State: The Seminoles have an absolutely loaded roster that at worst competes with -- if not surpasses -- Clemson at most every position with the notable exception of quarterback. Redshirt freshman Deondre Francois will determine whether the 'Noles can win the ACC title and be a national title contender, but he's getting rave reviews in fall camp, which is a good start. The deciding factor for me in picking between Clemson and Florida State in the Atlantic is that the Seminoles get Clemson at home this season, which will help a young quarterback. If FSU can win that game, it should take the conference. -- Robby Kalland (In agreement: Jon Solomon, Tom Fornelli, Ben Kercheval)
- ESPN will have extensive coverage of the ‘Noles opening game against Ole Miss in Orlando. There will be a live pregame show for one hour leading up to kickoff before Kirk Herbstreit, Chris Fowler and Samantha Ponder call the game.
- Shakin’ in the Southland, SB Nation’s Clemson page, released its calculated expected wins for 2016, with Tomahawk Nation’s Juan M. contributing to the piece. The aggregate for 2016 is that Clemson will win 9.94 games this year, with the Tigers most difficult game being at FSU on October 29th.
- Ole Miss is still not in the clear regarding discipline, as Pat Forde of Yahoo! Sports is reporting the investigation expands beyond the Laremy Tunsil scandal. Although penalties are not likely to be sanctioned until after the season, if any are, this could be a new distraction heading into opening day for the Rebels.
- SB Nation’s UNC site, Tar Heel Blog, broke down the offensive line of North Carolina. UNC’s o-line is very experienced and is one of the strong suits of the team. Florida State hosts the Tar Heels on October 1st.
- 16 of Florida State’s commitments will participate in a high school game this weekend. You can see D.J. Matthews, four-star receiver, play against Cocoa High School on ESPN2 this upcoming Sunday at 2 PM EST.
- This upcoming Tuesday, Florida State will hold a meeting for students wishing to make the team as a walk-on. Have you ever wondered what qualifications walk-ons must meet to become eligible?
- Atlanta Falcons running back Devonta Freeman had five carries for eight yards in the teams third preseason game against the Miami Dolphins on Thursday night. The back got off to a very quick start in 2015, something he will look to repeat in the upcoming weeks.