High School football games kicked off this week.
Florida State commits and targets showed FSU fans a glimpse of the future.
- Khalan Laborn, a 2017 running back commit, led Bishop Sullivan to a 33-13 victory over Liberty Christian. Laborn had three touchdown runs of 40, 41 and 49 yards.
- Zaquandre White, a 2017 running back commit, had an 80 yard touchdown run for North Fort Myers, but the game was called and not considered official. Check out the run below:
- James Cook, a 2018 running back commit, dominated in Miami Central’s 59-14 beat down of East Ridge. He rushed for 153 yards and two touchdowns on only six carries.
- Lorenzo Lingard, a 2018 running back target, showed why he is considered by many as the top running back of the 2018 class with an impressive performance in University’s 42-17 win over Deltona. Lingard ended the night with 134 yards rushing and three touchdown runs of 62, 15 and 22 yards.
- Bailey Hockman, a 2017 quarterback commit, led McEachern to a 27-14 over Archer in a game played on 8/20. Hockman completed 14 of 23 passes for 153 yards and two touchdowns.
- DeCalon Brooks, a 2017 linebacker commit, was a disruption on defense in Gaither’s 42-10 victory over Steinbrenner. Brooks had one sack, two tackles for losses and ended the night with double digit tackles.
- D.J. Matthews, a 2017 wide receiver commit, returned a kickoff 80 yards for a touchdown in Trinity’s 26-23 overtime loss to Cocoa. The loss snapped Trinity’s 22 game win streak.
That’s all we have for this week. If you know of any other stats or updates from games, please let us know. For fun, we leave you with a tweet from 2018 monster defensive tackle commit, Robert Cooper.