The ‘Noles returned to their practice grounds today, officially commencing preparation for the Ole Miss Rebels on Labor Day evening.
These players did not practice:
- QB Malik Henry (indefinite suspension)
- QB Sean Maguire (ankle)
- OL Corey Martinez (knee)
- DT Darvin Taylor II (shoulder)
- Also out was OL Alec Eberle, who suffered from a concussion earlier in camp but then returned. However, he did not participate in the second scrimmage. Fisher told me earlier in the day that Eberle is a player they will monitor with regard to concussion symptoms, along with Minshew and WR/PR Nyqwan Murray.
- The first-team offensive line, left to right, consisted of Rod Johnson, Kareem Are, Andrew Boselli, Wilson Bell, and Rick Leonard. The twos: Derrick Kelly, David Robbins, Ryan Hoefeld, Landon Dickerson, and Brock Ruble. The third team was Abdul Bello, Ethan Frith, Baveon Johnson, Joshua Peters, and Josh Ball. Lineman Cole Minshew dressed today, though he was limited.
- The skill position depth included Deondre Francois, Dalvin Cook, and Ryan Izzo with receivers Bobo Wilson, Travis Rudolph, and Kermit Whitfield. The second string featured J.J. Cosentino, Ermon Lane, Murray, and Pigg Harrison, along with Johnathan Vickers and Mavin Saunders. The threes: Jake Rizzo at QB with Ryan Green and Naseir Upshur, as well as Da’Vante Phillips, Auden Tate, and Keith Gavin.
- Both DB Nate Andrews and DE Keith Bryant returned for the ‘Noles.
- Freshman DB Levonta Taylor tried his hand at punt returns today, although his technique catching the ball could use some work (he caught the ball with his thumbs together— not how it’s done). Murray got the first PR reps, then Taylor, then Wilson.