- ESPN says that Louisville is the biggest threat remaining to Florida State’s playoff chances. Do you think this weekend’s game against the Cardinals on the road will be more difficult than Clemson at home?
- After a dismal offensive performance in a 30-24 victory by the Clemson Tigers, how will the No. 5 team in the nation tune up its offense in time for its bigger games, including Florida State. Pro Football Focus also gave its input on the struggling Tigers offense.
FSU has scored on 63% of its drives so far, 4th in FBS.— David Hale (@DavidHaleESPN) September 12, 2016
Louisville has scored on 59% of its drives, 9th in FBS.
Good luck, Grantham & Kelly.
- Florida State receiver Travis Rudolph was named ACC wide out of the week.
- According to the FPI, Florida State is the No. 1 team in the nation, edging out the Alabama Crimson Tide. ESPN defines it’s Football Power Index (FPI) as, “ How many points above or below average a team is.”
Current FPI top 5:— David Hale (@DavidHaleESPN) September 11, 2016
1. Florida St +26.8
2. Alabama +25.8
3. Michigan +23.5
4. Ohio State +22.0
5. Louisville +21.9
- According to Scout, Florida State is one of the teams in the lead for talented 2019 WR Jashawn Sheffield. ($) The 6’2 175 lb. Georgian currently has 16 total offers from schools such as FSU, Clemson, Auburn, Alabama, and Oklahoma among others.
- In last night’s NFL games, Washington Redskins kicker Dustin Hopkins went three for three on field goals with a long of 40, and made his only extra point attempt. Lawrence Timmons on Pittsburgh added four tackles. Chris Thompson of Washington added 39 all-purpose yards.