We’re back with another week of updates on how Florida State commits and targets performed in this past week’s games. Will it be quarterbacks or running backs with crazy numbers this week? Or will it be a different position group to step up? Read below to find out.
- Let’s start with quarterback James Blackman. The 2016 quarterback commit led Glades Central to a 14-13 win over Atlantic. Blackman finished the night with a touchdown and interception on 91 passing yards.
- Lorenzo Lingard had an off night, and by off night, he finished with only two rushing touchdowns, including a 61 yard run. The 2018 target couldn’t do it all though as University fell to Seminole by a score of 35-21.
- Staying on the subject of running backs, 2017 commit Khalan Laborn had touchdown runs of 45, 45 and 49 yards. But it wasn’t enough as Bishop Sullivan loss to Bishop McNamara, 42-41. Laborn now has 10 touchdowns on the season.
- Laborn wasn’t the only running back putting up some nice numbers as 2017 commit Zaquandre White rushed for 165 yards on 14 carries. He had a 70 yard touchdown run in North Fort Myers’ 27-10 victory over Island Coast. It was a good sign to see White come back from an ankle injury last week.
- One more running back note, 2018 commit Charles Strong had two touchdown runs in Union County’s 43-8 win over Hilliard.
- Last but not least, 2018 commit Justin Watkins had himself a game in Vanguard’s 55-16 route of Lakewood. Watkins ended up with over 250 all-purpose yards and scored in the air, on the ground and tacked on a 70 yard punt return for good measure. Watkins had 117 yards rushing on 12 carries.
That’s it for this week. If you know of any other stats or results, let us know in the comments. Keep checking back each week for more updates on #Tribe17 and the future.