Another week of high school football, another week of Florida State commits and targets putting up impressive numbers. Check out the results below.
- First off, let’s take a look at one of Florida State’s 2017 quarterback commits, Bailey Hockman. Hockman had a huge night, completing 25 of 37 passes for 328 yards and three touchdowns. Hockman and McEachern won easily over Camden County, 34-3.
- Zaquandre White is still nursing an ankle injury, but that didn’t stop him from punching in a touchdown from 5 yards out in the first quarter. The 2017 running back commit finished with only 51 yards, but his team still pulled out the victory. North Fort Myers won 34-21 over Mariner.
- 2018 running back target Lorenzo Lingard had another 100+ yard rushing night in University’s 35-26 loss to Lake Brantley. Lingard finished with 119 rushing yards and two touchdowns. For the season, Lingard now has 15 touchdowns on the season.
- Sticking with running backs, Khalan Laborn recorded two touchdown runs in Bishop Sullivan’s 28-21 loss to St Frances. One of Laborn’s touchdown runs was a 53 yard run.
- Charles Strong and Union County were blown out by Melbourne Central Catholic, 55-14. The 2018 running back commit caught a 79 yard touchdown pass in the defeat.
- 2018 commit Justin Watkins and Vanguard rolled on offense over Buchholz, 20-7. Watkins rushed for 131 yards on 14 carries in the victory.
- What can’t 2017 defensive tackle commit Cory Durden do? Earlier this year, he returned a fumble for a touchdown. This past week, Durden caught a 15 yard pass for a touchdown in Newberry’s 42-0 domination of Chiefland.
- Finally, 2018 running back commit James Cook and Miami Central defeated Booker T. Washington 42-14. Cook had two rushing touchdowns in the win, one of those a 33 yard run.
That’s all we have for this week. If you know of any other stats or results, let us know in the comments. Check back each week for updates on #Tribe 17 and the future.