- Junior offensive tackle Rod Johnson was named ACC offensive lineman of the week, after being a part of an offensive line that blocked for Dalvin Cook’s career record 267 yards. It is the second time in his career receiving the honor.
- Florida State and UNC this weekend may be a high scoring affair, as UNC’s sub-par rush defense will have to withstand Dalvin Cook with FSU’s struggling defensing needing to contain a top ranked North Carolina offense. What do you think the final score will be?
#FSU defense has allowed 6.78 yards/play so far this year, 121st nationally & last in ACC. #UNC offense avg 7.41 yards/play, 6th nationally.— David Hale (@DavidHaleESPN) September 26, 2016
- Don’t count the Tar Heels though out as ESPN states that UNC is looking for a signature win to add to its resume. Since the beginning of 2015, UNC has a better record than Florida State at 14-4. Since the team’s last win over a top-12 school on the road 20 years ago, North Carolina is just 2-21 against ranked AP teams on the road.
- Fox Sports suggests that a candidate to replace former LSU head coach Les Miles may be Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher.
Fisher worked at LSU under Nick Saban and has been a favorite of the power brokers down there, but last winter he passed on LSU’s interest. Would Fisher be more tempted this time around? His buyout is, relatively speaking, manageable at $5 million. Yeah, the division he’s in now -- the ACC Atlantic -- is tougher than it was a just a year ago, thanks to the emergence of Louisville and Clemson's continued to ascent, but I doubt that’s enough to impact his thought process. After all, it’s not like the SEC West is any cakewalk.
- Bud Elliott answered all questions yesterday that Florida State fans might have about Jimbo Fisher, Florida State and LSU.
- As expected, the ACC has six-day optioned the start time of the Florida State vs. Miami, meaning a game time announcement will be made this upcoming Sunday. Keep in mind, the Miami Dolphins play a 1 PM EST game the following day.
- In the Crootletter, Bud Elliott’s daily recruiting bulletin for SB Nation, he explains what the firing of Les Miles has on the Tigers recruiting, noting that it shows LSU is committed to winning at the highest level.
- Former Florida State RB Devonta Freeman had a highlight night in the Falcons’ victory over the New Orleans Saints.
Check your ankles.— NFL (@NFL) September 27, 2016
This @devontafreeman juke is insane. #ATLvsNO https://t.co/cxepy7jEJH
PURE SPEED.@devontafreeman races to the pylon for the score! #ATLvsNO https://t.co/bFeNjNFoL1— NFL (@NFL) September 27, 2016
This @devontafreeman stiff-arm is NASTY.— NFL (@NFL) September 27, 2016