- 2018 four-star DT FSU commit Robert Cooper and 2018 five-star target Justin Mascoll will be in attendance for this weekend’s game vs. UNC. Cooper, has been committed to Florida State since June, has 14 other offers and stands in at 6’2 350 lbs. Mascoll, a teammate of Cooper at South Gwinnett (Ga.), is a defensive end ranked No. 13 overall in the nation according to 247 sport. The 6’4 210 lb. high schooler has offers from 21 total schools including Georgia, Alabama, LSU, and Michigan State among others.
- 2018 four-star OT Richard Gouraige from Tampa will also be in attendance, ranked 31st in the nation by 247 Composite rankings. The 6’5 270 lb. recruit has 23 total offers from schools such as FSU, Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia and Michigan among others.
- Three-state Florida State QB commit James Blackman released a new highlight tape. Another commit, four-star receiver D.J. Matthews, also released his midseason tape which includes some really nice catches.
- Jimbo Fisher is well aware of the upcoming challenge in UNC and its QB, Mitch Trubinsky, who has throw for 10 touchdowns without an interception. The FSU defense will once again be tested following disappointing performances in the past two games.
- Against UNC, RB Dalvin Cook will not be the only running threat on Florida State, as QB Deondre Francois and RB Jacques Patrick emerged on the ground against USF. FB Freddie Stevenson also has three touchdowns on the young season.
- Josh Sweat, as announced by Jimbo Fisher on Thursday, will be available against UNC on Saturday. The sophomore defensive end missed the game against USF after undergoing minor surgery.
- In ESPN’s Week 5 ACC picks, Florida State was a unanimous winner over UNC.
- A Florida State victory over UNC would be a big win for the ‘Noles, however, what would it mean to UNC if it was able to upset the Seminoles on Saturday? SB Nation’s UNC blog, Tar Heel Blog, explains.