Tampa Bay fans witnessed a scary sight on Sunday when franchise quarterback Jameis Winston left the game against Arizona with an injury.
Winston, who had attempted only 10 passes to that point, was diagnosed with a shoulder injury and did not return to the game. The Buccaneers went on to lose 38-33, dropping to 2-3 on the season.
If Winston is unable to return for several games, Tampa Bay could be in trouble. The team travels to Buffalo next week before returning home to play Carolina in a critical division game.
X-rays on Jameis Winston’s shoulder were negative, and he will undergo an MRI on Monday in Tampa.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 16, 2017
Atlanta Falcons (17-20 loss to the Dolphins)
- Devonta Freeman, RB: Rushed nine times for 68 yards at 7.6 yards per carry.
Buffalo Bills (bye week)
- Nick O’Leary, TE: N/A
Carolina Panthers (23-28 loss to the Eagles)
- Kelvin Benjamin, WR: Recorded nine catches for 99 yards.
- Graham Gano, K: Kicked a perfect 3/3 on field goals with a long of 46 and also converted both extra point attempts.
Chicago Bears (27-24 OT win over the Ravens)
- Eddie Goldman, DT: Recorded six tackles and one tackle for loss.
- Christian Jones, LB: Led the team with eight tackles.
Cleveland Browns (17-33 loss to the Texans)
- Roderick Johnson, OT: Did not play.
Denver Broncos (10-23 loss to the Giants)
- DeMarcus Walker, DE: Recorded one tackle.
- Menelik Watson, OT: Started along the offensive line.
Jacksonville Jaguars (17-27 loss to the Rams)
- Rashad Greene, WR: Placed on IR
- Jalen Ramsey, CB: Recorded three tackles.
- Telvin Smith, LB: Led the team with eight tackles, one sack, two tackles for loss and a QB hit.
Kansas City Chiefs (13-19 loss to the Steelers)
- Cam Erving, OT: Started along the offensive line.
- Terrance Smith, LB: Played, but did not record any stats.
Los Angeles Rams (27-17 win over the Jaguars)
- Lamarcus Joyner, CB: Did not play due to injury.
Miami Dolphins (20-17 win over the Falcons)
- Lawrence Timmons, LB: Led the team with eight tackles, one tackle for loss and a pass deflection.
Minnesota Vikings (23-10 win over the Packers)
- Dalvin Cook, RB: Placed on IR.
- Xavier Rhodes, CB: Recorded two tackles, a pass deflection, and an interception.
NFL passer rating for just throwing the ball away every play is 39.6— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) October 15, 2017
Xavier Rhodes today: pic.twitter.com/Al2dGt3gxT
New Orleans Saints (52-38 win over the Lions)
- P.J. Williams, CB: Did not play.
New York Giants (23-10 win over the Broncos)
- Bobby Hart, OT: Started along the offensive line.
- Travis Rudolph, WR: Was called up from the practice squad for his first NFL game, but did not record any stats.
New York Jets (17-24 loss to the Patriots)
- Terrence Brooks, S: Recorded one QB hit.
Oakland Raiders (16-17 loss to the Chargers)
- Mario Edwards Jr., DE: Recorded six tackles.
- Rodney Hudson, C: Started along the offensive line.
- Sebastian Janikowski, K: Placed on IR.
- EJ Manuel, QB: Did not play.
Philadelphia Eagles (28-23 win over the Panthers)
- Nigel Bradham, LB: Recorded 10 tackles, one tackle for loss and two pass deflections.
- Ronald Darby, CB: Did not play due to injury.
- Timmy Jernigan, DT: Recorded one tackle, one tackle for loss and one QB hit.
- Patrick Robinson, CB: Recorded three tackles and one pass deflection.
Pittsburgh Steelers (19-13 win over the Chiefs)
- Vince Williams, LB: Recorded five tackles, two sacks, two tackles for loss and two QB hits before leaving with an injury.
San Francisco 49ers (24-26 loss to the Redskins)
- Tank Carradine, DE: Placed on IR.
- Dekoda Watson, LB: Played, but did not record any stats.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (33-38 loss to the Cardinals)
- Javien Elliott, DB: Did not play.
- Garrison Sanborn, LS: Handled long snapping duties.
- Jameis Winston, QB: Completed 5/10 passes for 61 yards before leaving with an injury.
Washington Redskins (26-24 win over the 49ers)
- Dustin Hopkins, K: Converted both field goal attempts with a long of 46 and made 2/3 extra point attempts.
- Chris Thompson, RB: Led the team in both rushing and receiving with 16 rushes for 33 yards and four catches for 105 yards.