The Minnesota Vikings are having injury problems this season. Quarterback Teddy Bridgewater continues to rehab from his knee injury last season, and the current starter, Sam Bradford, is sitting out as well.
To make matters worse, Dalvin Cook suffered a non-contact injury in Sunday’s matchup. Early reports indicate that it may be a season ending injury for the former Florida State tailback. It’s a shame, as Cook was having a phenomenal start to his rookie campaign.
We wish Cook a speedy recovery and hope to see him on the field again for the beginning of offseason conditioning.
Atlanta Falcons (17-23 loss to Buffalo)
- Devonta Freeman, RB: Rushed for 58 yards and a touchdown, while also adding 20 receiving yards.
Buffalo Bills (23-17 win over Atlanta)
- Nick O’Leary, TE: Played, but did not record any stats.
Carolina Panthers (33-30 win over New England)
- Kelvin Benjamin, WR: Caught four passes for 104 yards.
- Graham Gano, K: Connected on three of four extra point attempts and two field goals, including the game-winning 48-yard field goal.
Chicago Bears (14-35 loss to Green Bay)
- Eddie Goldman, DT: Recorded two tackles.
- Christian Jones, LB: Totaled five tackles.
Cleveland Browns (7-31 loss to Cincinnati)
- Roderick Johnson, OT: Did not play.
Denver Broncos (16-10 win over Oakland)
- DeMarcus Walker, DE: Played, but did not record any stats.
- Menelik Watson, OT: Started at right tackle.
Jacksonville Jaguars (20-23 OT loss to the New York Jets)
- Rashad Greene, WR: Placed on IR
- Jalen Ramsey, CB: Totaled four tackles and a pass deflection.
- Telvin Smith, LB: Lead the team with 13 tackles and one tackle for loss.
Kansas City Chiefs (Play on Monday night)
- Cam Erving, OT: N/A
- Terrance Smith, LB: N/A
Los Angeles Rams (35-30 win over Dallas)
- Lamarcus Joyner, CB: Did not play due to a hamstring injury.
Miami Dolphins (0-20 loss to New Orleans)
- Lawrence Timmons, LB: Made six tackles.
Minnesota Vikings (7-14 loss to Detroit)
- Dalvin Cook, RB: Rushed for 66 yards and a touchdown before leaving with an injury.
- Xavier Rhodes, CB: Racked up four tackles, one tackle for loss, and a pass deflection.
New Orleans Saints (20-0 win over Miami)
- P.J. Williams, CB: Played, but did not record any stats.
New York Giants (23-25 loss to Tampa Bay)
- Bobby Hart, OT: Started at right tackle.
New York Jets (23-20 OT win over Jacksonville)
- Terrence Brooks, S: Played, but did not record any stats.
Oakland Raiders (10-16 loss to Denver)
- Mario Edwards Jr., DE: Recorded three tackles, one sack, and a tackle for loss.
- Rodney Hudson, C: Started at center.
- Sebastian Janikowski, K: Placed on IR
- EJ Manuel, QB: Came in for an injured Derek Carr and went 11/17 for 106 yards and an interception.
Mario Edwards Jr. with a sack on the second snap of the game. pic.twitter.com/mKsD0Ub9A4— Only 1 Nation (@Only1Nation_) October 1, 2017
Philadelphia Eagles (26-24 win over the Los Angeles Chargers)
- Nigel Bradham, LB: Recorded four tackles.
- Ronald Darby, CB: Did not play as he continues to recover from injury.
- Timmy Jernigan, DT: Recorded two tackles and a tackle for loss.
- Patrick Robinson, CB: Totaled four tackles, one tackle for loss, and a pass deflection.
Pittsburgh Steelers (26-9 win over Baltimore)
- Vince Williams, LB: Recorded three tackles.
San Francisco 49ers (15-18 OT loss to Arizona)
- Tank Carradine, DE: Placed on IR.
- Dekoda Watson, LB: Played, but did not record any stats.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (25-23 win over the New York Giants)
- Javien Elliott, DB: Did not play.
- Garrison Sanborn, LS: Handled long snapping duties.
- Jameis Winston, QB: Went 22/38 for 332 yards and three touchdowns, also lead Tampa Bay on a drive to set up a game-winning field goal as the clock expired.
Washington Redskins (Play on Monday night)
- Dustin Hopkins, K: N/A
- Chris Thompson, RB: N/A