- Here’s what UM head coach Mark Richt had to say on FSU and some of its players in his weekly press conference.
“It’s a big one for us, we understand that. … Looking forward to the battle.”
The first player Richt spotlighted was FSU wideout Auden Tate. “A go-to guy for sure.”
Jacques Patrick, he said, is a”big beast of a guy.”
James Blackman, he said, is “gaining confidence” and should be excited to play at home again.
He’s clearly respectful of the Seminoles’ defense, calling the front “physical” and noting Derwin James and Tarvarus McFadden (who may cover Ahmmon Richards in this game) will be tough to scheme against.
Richt on Mark Walton: “He did all right” in today’s practice. “He’s going to play.” Same with Ahmmon Richards.
On Miami losing to FSU seven times: “Is that right?” he deadpanned.
Does the streak become a mental hurdle? “I haven’t mentioned it. … We don’t have a kid who’s been here seven years. They’re not worried about the streak.”“It’s a big one for us, we understand that. … Looking forward to the battle.”
- In its rundown of Week 6 college football picks, Yahoo! Sports has Miami defeating FSU 31-17. Look out for the Tomahawk Nation staff predictions coming out on Friday.
If Miami wants to beat Florida State for the first time since 2009, now is the time to do it. The 1-2 Seminoles are still reeling from their season-opening loss to Alabama and the loss of quarterback Deondre Francois. The Hurricanes, meanwhile, are a little ahead of schedule in the Mark Richt era thanks in large part to the offense. Quarterback Malik Rosier (820 yards, eight touchdowns) and running back Mark Walton (403 yards, three touchdowns) have made Miami a viable threat to win the Coastal Division.
- The Florida State running backs are looking to continue its momentum from last Saturday into FSU’s upcoming game vs. Wake Forest.
- In its latest bowl projections, Sports Illustrated has FSU taking on Kentucky in the Belk Bowl.
- Miami star RB Mark Walton, who was removed from last Saturday’s victory due to an injury, looks like he will be a go against FSU on Saturday.