In his first NFL action this season, Jameis Winston proved that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are contenders this season. Winston was excellent in a 29-7 victory over the Bears, throwing for 204 yards and a touchdown.
I’m sure everyone who drafted Winston in fantasy football was pleased, as well as those who made a smart move in picking up Chris Thompson or Devonta Freeman. The former FSU running backs each had a pair of touchdowns in their respective games.
In Jacksonville, Telvin Smith picked off Marcus Mariota, a play that should make Florida State fans everywhere jump for joy.
This article will be updated following the conclusion of Monday Night Football.
Atlanta Falcons (34-23 win over Green Bay)
- Devonta Freeman, RB: Rushed for 84 yards and two touchdowns while also adding 16 receiving yards.
The very first NFL TD in @MBStadium belongs to @devontafreeman! #InBrotherhood pic.twitter.com/2PYwwVZA0n— NFL (@NFL) September 18, 2017
Buffalo Bills (6-9 loss to Carolina)
- Nick O’Leary, TE: Played, but did not record any stats.
Carolina Panthers (9-6 win over Buffalo)
- Kelvin Benjamin, WR: Caught six passes for 77 yards with a long of 18-yards.
- Graham Gano, K: Was a perfect 3/3 on field goal attempts, with a long of 34-yards.
Chicago Bears (7-29 loss to Tampa Bay)
- Eddie Goldman, DT: Recorded three tackles, one sack, one tackle for loss and a QB hit.
- Christian Jones, LB: Tied for fourth on the team with six tackles.
Cleveland Browns (10-24 loss to Baltimore)
- Roderick Johnson, OT: Did not play.
Denver Broncos (42-17 win over Dallas)
- DeMarcus Walker, DE: Played, but did not record any stats.
- Menelik Watson, OT: Started at right tackle.
Jacksonville Jaguars (16-37 loss to Tennessee)
- Rashad Greene, WR: Placed on IR
- Jalen Ramsey, CB: Recorded two tackles.
- Telvin Smith, LB: Led the team with 8 tackles, one tackle for loss, a pass deflection and recorded an interception off of Marcus Mariota.
Lock down the 'Bank!@TelvinSmith_22 comes up with the interception!#WinToday #TENvsJAX pic.twitter.com/c0qFaIHTL3— #JaxAsOne (@Jaguars) September 17, 2017
Kansas City Chiefs (27-20 win over Philadelphia)
- Cam Erving, OT: Did not play.
- Terrance Smith, LB: Played on special teams.
Los Angeles Rams (20-27 loss to Washington)
- Lamarcus Joyner, CB: Recorded nine tackles.
Miami Dolphins (19-17 win over the Los Angeles Chargers)
- Lawrence Timmons, LB: Did not play.
Lawrence Timmons is not expected to play for Dolphins today. Something angered him. He's not with team. Dolphins know where he is.— Armando Salguero (@ArmandoSalguero) September 17, 2017
Minnesota Vikings (9-26 loss to Pittsburgh)
- Dalvin Cook, RB: Rushed for 64 yards with a 5.3 average.
- Xavier Rhodes, CB: Recorded five tackles and a pass deflection. Helped to hold Antonio Brown to only 62 receiving yards.
Magic happens when you run Dalvin Cook out of shotgun. pic.twitter.com/J2g1ixQIp4— JustWinBaby (@Future_NFL_GM) September 17, 2017
New Orleans Saints (20-36 loss to New England)
- P.J. Williams, CB: Led the team with 10 tackles and a pass deflection.
New York Giants (Will play Monday night against Detroit)
- Bobby Hart, OT: N/A
New York Jets (20-45 loss to Oakland)
- Terrence Brooks, S: Played, but did not record any stats.
Oakland Raiders (45-20 win over the New York Jets)
- Mario Edwards Jr., DE: Recorded three tackles, 1.5 sacks, two tackles for loss, and two QB hits.
- Rodney Hudson, C: Started at center.
- Sebastian Janikowski, K: Placed on IR
- EJ Manuel, QB: Did not play.
Rodney Hudson launching Darron Lee like a rag doll pic.twitter.com/ZtxI6vS1tv— Ryan Smith (@PFF_Smith) September 17, 2017
Philadelphia Eagles (20-27 loss to Kansas City)
- Nigel Bradham, LB: Recorded four tackles.
- Ronald Darby, CB: Did not play after suffering an ankle injury last week.
- Timmy Jernigan, DT: Totaled four tackles, 0.5 sacks, a tackle for loss and a pass deflection.
- Patrick Robinson, CB: Recorded two tackles.
Pittsburgh Steelers (26-9 win over Minnesota)
- Vince Williams, LB: Recorded four tackles, a sack, a tackle for loss and a QB hit.
San Francisco 49ers (9-12 loss to Seattle)
- Tank Carradine, DE: Recorded three tackles, a sack, a tackle for loss and two QB hits.
- Dekoda Watson, LB: Totaled two tackles.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (29-7 win over Chicago)
- Javien Elliott, DB: Inactive for this game.
- Garrison Sanborn, LS: Handled long snapping duties.
- Jameis Winston, QB: Hit 18/30 passes for 204 yards and a touchdown.
Jameis Winston to Mike Evans for the 13 yard TD!— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) September 17, 2017
Not the last time we'll hear that. pic.twitter.com/saMXQ9vGBl
Washington Redskins (27-20 win over the Los Angeles Rams)
- Dustin Hopkins, K: Hit 2/3 field goals with a long of 41-yards and made all three extra point attempts.
- Chris Thompson, RB: Rushed three times for 77 yards (25.7 average!) and two touchdowns, with a long of 61-yards. Also caught three passes for 29 yards.
Chris Thompson to the HOUSE! #HTTR pic.twitter.com/HZcrkBZERC— NFL (@NFL) September 17, 2017