- Florida State was able to stay in the game by dominating the offensive glass. Terance Mann had six offensive boards, which tied his career high (he’s done it five times). FSU is now 11th nationally in offensive rebounding, which is their best in that category since advanced stats became available in 2002.
- There was a lid on the basket. FSU made just 19% of their 3s, which was their worst performance of the season. In the past eight years, FSU has attempted 20 or more 3s in a game but made less than 20% only four times. Florida State lost every time.
- Boston College is now 3-3 in the ACC. Since firing Al Skinner for only getting them to the NCAA Tourney 7 of 13 seasons, BC has made it to one NIT in seven years. In the past two seasons they’ve won two ACC games combined. Assuming they get to at least five ACC wins, it’ll be head coach Jim Christian’s best season out of his four years as the Eagles’ head coach.
- It was one of those nights when the officiating crew decided there would be no fouls in the paint. As a result, Boston College was credited with eight blocked shots. In the past eight years they’ve had more blocks in an ACC game one time, and that was nine days ago against Wake Forest. FSU was still able to score 42 of their 75 points in the paint.
- FSU lost 81-75 in a 77 possession game. Through six conference games, the once promising defense has failed to hold a single opponent under a point per possession, which is a first in the Leonard Hamilton era. For reference, the ACC Championship team in 2012 held seven consecutive opponents below a point per possession. FSU’s defense is now rated 12th of 15 in ACC play.
A rough night shooting costs Florida State