The Florida State Seminoles basketball team, fresh off an Elite 8 appearance, opens the season tonight against West Florida in an exhibition game. Admission is free, so come on down if you’re in the Tallahassee area.
Exhibitions games don’t really mean a whole lot—there have been teams lose to a a DII opponent and still make the NCAA Tournament. But there are still items that can be taken away.
Among the things I’m interested in seeing:
- What kind of shape is Raiquan in?
- What type of minutes do the newcomers see?
- Who looks to have improved form/confidence on perimeter shots?
- Has MJ made the expected leap from his freshman to sophomore year?
- Does the slimmed down PJ Savoy look any quicker laterally?
- Who fills in for Phil Cofer while he’s recovering from a foot injury?
Follow along for game updates and post some of your own questions below. We will try to answer as many as we can over the next two exhibition games.
One more note: give a hearty welcome to new TN Basketball contributor Jonathan Clodfelter. Jonathan has been a longtime Seminole Hoops follower and will be covering a number of games this year.