Bud Elliott and Ingram Smith return with the 16th Nolecast episode of 2018. The Nolecast is the No. 1 Florida State Seminoles podcast.
Listen in the player below this article, or on Apple Podcasts (iTunes), Stitcher, or Google Play Music
- We open the show by previewing the spring game. What do we expect to see, and what impact will injuries have?
- We then move on to QB Sam Howell’s commitment, and the impact it could have on the rest of the class.
- From there, we discuss which recruits will be coming to the spring game, and also discuss what Bud learned from his recent trip to the West Coast for Adidas Nationals.
I don’t have time to edit these, unfortunately.
1. When it comes to the defense, specifically in nickel. What are the different positional preferences for the back 7?
2. I recently saw an interview with Taggart alone upgrading facilities. I was wondering why Jimbo seems to be the bad guy on this topic and now it seems like Taggart is talking about upgrades as well. What’s the difference? Thanks for an awesome show. Five ⭐️
3. That also leads me to ask, what does an offense with so much talent at the running back spot do with all those bodies? Akers will get the majority of carries, certainly. Will Ingram finally get his wish and we see more of the two back “pony” sets that Jimbo never seemed that found of? I see in vids that Laborn and White have been split out more than we’re accustomed to. Do you see these guys being deployed similarly to backs at Oregon, most notably prior to Taggart’s arrival (thinking LaMichael James and DeAnthony Thomas). Obviously they’re skill sets are different but the concept seems similar. Thanks guys. Keep it rolling. Can’t wait to see the SEC fans in Northwest GA cock and eyebrow to the Nolecast tee.
Buy or Sell
- Ingram Has Buy or Sell for Bud having to do with Baseball/CWS
- 25 TD passes from QBs in 2018
- 2 kick* return TD in 2018
- 3 interception TD in 2018
- 5 references to Coach Fisher at the Spring game broadcast
- 45,000 attendance at the spring game
- Buy or sell James Blackman as a starting QB for Florida State after his third year. Is there a chance someone, like the newly signed Howell or Daniels/Phomocanh passes him since those would be QBs specifically recruited by Taggart and Bell to run their offense? Or does Blackman ball out his second and third year and leaves for the NFL Draft?
- The 2018 season will have the worst quarterback play of any season in the next five years under Taggart (assuming he stays head ball coach during that time).