Give the people what they want! New Year, new thread!
Here is the fifth edition of Transfer Portal Talk! We just finished up the Early Signing Period (ESP) period and finally have some clarity as to how many transfers FSU can fit into this class. FSU signed 16 players during the ESP, which leaves them with room for about 9 scholarships between transfers and February signees.
On the recent 247 Noles podcast, they mentioned that FSU could sign 26 this period, but this is an evolving situation and is not set in stone. For the purposes of these numbers, I am going with the NCAA hard cap of 25 players.
FSU secured a high-level QB in McKenzie Milton (KZ), and that should put the Noles in a good spot to land some quality transfer players moving forward.
Coach Norvell and Co have landed a seasoned pass catcher in WR Andrew Parchment to go along with veteran QB Milton.
Here are some portal transfer players to keep an eye on:
QB transfer recruiting has concluded with KZ signing with FSU. 2021 just became a more interesting year than it would have been because of KZ.
- QB McKenzie Milton - from UCF. Once a superstar player in the college ranks before a terrible knee injury. WE HAVE OUR QB FOR 2021.
I don't think the staff needs to take a RB, but it is believed that they would take a high level player like Mark-Anthony Richards.
- RB Mark-Anthony Richards - from AU. "Richards was a four-star recruit and the No. 4 athlete in the 2019 signing class, according to the 247Sports Composite rankings. Outside of Auburn, the West Palm Beach, Fla. product had offers from elite programs like Florida, Georgia, Miami, and Penn State." - 247 sports
RB TJ Pledger - from Oklahoma. Looking like it might be Utah for the former Sooner.TJ did indeed pledge his services to the Utes.
- RB DJ Williams - also from Auburn. Expecting an FSU commitment here. COMMITTED to FSU on 1/9.
RB Kenneth Walker - from Wake Forest.Walker chose Michigan St.
TE isn't an area of need, and I don't believe they are looking to add a transfer, unless it's a stud like Arik Gilbert.
FSU will look to take probably 2 transfer OL. They want to add OTs, but they are also casting a wide net for OL transfers. They will take an interior OL to elevate the floor/depth and to push current starters.
OC/OG Grant Miller - from Vanderbilt. Another South Florida guy who has some interest in FSU. Miller is originally from Ft Lauderdale. He was a two-year starter for Vandy in the middle of the OL. Watch out for Baylor here.Miller did indeed choose the Baylor Bears.
OT Ty'kieast Crawford - from Charlotte. Former 4*player and has 5 years of eligibility left. He is a high priority for a lot of schools. We know FSU has been in contact, but at this point, it seems like he's Arkansas all the way.Crawford officially chose the Hogs.
OT James Tunstall - from Stony Brook.Tunstall chose Cincy.
- DE Eku Leota - from Northwestern.
DT Antonio Shelton - from Penn State.Committed to the Gators. Yuck.
- DE Owen Carney - from Illinois. Originally from South Florida.
- DT Netori Johnson - from UGA.
DE Ryder Anderson - from Ole Miss.Committed to Indiana (don't think FSU was all that interested, TBH).
- DL Keir Thomas - from South Carolina. COMMITTED TO FSU on 1/9.
- DE Jermaine Johnson - from UGA. COMMITTED TO FSU on 12/26. Keep an eye out to see if the staff wants to bring in another pass rusher or if they are done with the addition of Johnson.
I believe FSU needs to add a LB, but it doesn't seem like there is a huge point of emphasis going on here. Something to monitor though.
- LB Dimitri Moore - from Vanderbilt. Played under Coach Marve, this is one to keep an eye on.
LB Justin Rice - from Arky State. FSU has been very picky about LB offers. JP has said this is a name to know, and there seems to be mutual interest. Could be a potential preferred walk-on.Since FSU didn't offer a scholarship, Rice decided to follow his former head coach Blake Anderson to Utah State.
- LB Cortez Andrews - from Maryland. Originally a Tally guy, who went to Maryland.
LB Kendrick Duncan - from Georgia Southern. Plays safety and GSU and would factor in as a STUD LB at FSU.Duncan chose Louisville.
- DB Jammie Robinson - from South Carolina. FSU looks good for J-Rob, but Tennessee and other SEC schools are fighting for the safety, as well. If forced to pick, I'd say the Noles will land the former Gamecock. COMMITTED to FSU on 1/10.
DB Elijah Jones - from Kansas. Tall and long corner from Kansas who spent some time at JUCO before going to the Jayhawks.Jones chose Oregon St.
- DB Houston Griffith - from Notre Dame.
- DB Jarques McClellion - from Arkansas. Three year starter for Arkansas. Committed to FSU on 12/20.