Florida State Seminoles vs. Louisville Game Threads:
- After halftime, the cool kids will be meeting at the THIRD QUARTER THREAD.
- When the third quarter ends, please move to the FOURTH QUARTER THREAD.
Pre-Game Coverage from Tomahawk Nation:
Florida State Seminoles vs. Louisville Cardinals
- Depth chart for Louisville game-McKenzie Milton listed as the starter at QB
- Staff Predictions: Florida State vs. Louisville
- Jon Marchant’s Q&A with John aka CardinaIStrong, at SBN’s Card Chronicle,
- Matchup and Memories of Florida State vs Louisville history with TimScribble, NoleThruandThru, and Matt Minnick.
- Listen to Brian Pellerin’s Seminole Wrap: Where does Florida State football go from here? Please watch, read, listen, sign-up, and you will like it.
- Kevin Little’s Florida State vs Louisville Preview
- Florida State of Recruiting: The Three Stars discuss where FSU goes from here
- Jon Marchant thinks Firing Norvell now will only set Florida State back even further
- Florida State vs. Louisville: Odds, spread, over/under
- Check out Brian Pellerin’s College Football Betting Picks for Week 4
‘Nole Radio Network
Game notes, via Seminoles.com
- Florida State returns to Doak Campbell Stadium to face Louisville this week. The Seminoles are starting their second of three two-game home stretches in the 2021 season. After opening the year with two straight home games, FSU hit the road for its ACC opener at Wake Forest and now is back in Tallahassee to host Louisville and Syracuse in consecutive weeks.
- The Seminoles lead the all-time series with Louisville 16-5 (.762). The series began with annual games from 1952-54 and, after being resumed in 1970, featured at least one matchup in every decade since. The teams have met every year since 2014 when Louisville joined the ACC, and FSU has won four of the seven matchups as Atlantic Division opponents.
- Florida State holds a 10-2 (.833) advantage over Louisville in Tallahassee and earned a 35-24 victory in 2019, the last time the programs met at Doak Campbell Stadium.
- FSU is tied for 3rd in the ACC and for 12th nationally with an average of 8.3 tackles for loss per game. Jermaine Johnson II ranks 1st in the NCAA with an average of 2.3 tackles for loss per game and is the only ACC defender averaging more than 2.0 TFLs per game.
- Florida State has recorded at least 8.0 tackles for loss in each of its first three games in 2021. The last time FSU had three consecutive games with at least 8.0 tackles for loss was in 2017 when it registered 9.0 at Clemson, 11.0 vs. Delaware State and 10.0 at Florida.
- The Seminoles rank 2nd in the ACC and tied for 10th in the NCAA with an average of 4.0 sacks per game, led by Jermaine Johnson II’s 1.67 sacks per game that are 1st in the conference and rank 2nd nationally. Johnson also ranks 4th in the conference and 24th nationally with an average of 9.3 tackles per game.
- FSU is the only team with two rushers in the top-8 of the ACC in rushing yards per carry. Jashaun Corbin ranks 4th in the conference with an average of 7.57 yards per carry, and Treshaun Ward’s average of 6.76 yards per rush is 8th. Corbin’s average is 2nd in the conference and 13th nationally among rushers with at least 10 carries per game.
- Florida State rushed for 264 yards in the season opener vs. No. 9 Notre Dame, the program’s most rushing yards against a ranked opponent since totaling 287 yards on the ground vs. No. 10 Clemson on Sept. 22, 2012.