Florida State Seminoles vs. Syracuse Game Threads:
- At the end of the first quarter, please move to the SECOND QUARTER THREAD.
- After halftime, the cool kids will be meeting at the THIRD QUARTER THREAD. Do not come if you are not cool.
- When the third quarter ends, please move to the FOURTH QUARTER THREAD
Florida State Seminoles vs. Syracuse Orange:
Pre-Game Coverage from Tomahawk Nation
- Depth chart for Syracuse game-McKenzie Milton again listed as the starter at QB
- Staff Predictions: Florida State vs. Syracuse
- Jon Marchant’s Q&A with John Cassillo from Troy Nunes is an Absolute Magician, SBN’s site for the Syracuse Orange.
- Matchup and Memories of Florida State vs Syracuse history with Matt Minnick, NoleThruandThru, and Tim Scribble.
- Read and watch Kevin Little’s @XsandNoles Analysis: Why is Florida State 0-4?
- Coach AB and Jon Marchant Break down storylines around FSU football’s dismal start and what’s truth and fiction about the narratives surrounding Florida State?
- Florida State vs. Syracuse: Odds, spread, over/under
- Did you see Juan Montalvo’s Brews ‘n’ BBQ, Syracuse Edition? Eat, drink, and drink more if you watch FSU.
- As mentioned by ESPN during last weeks nationally broadcast FSU game, Jon Marchant thinks Firing Norvell now will only set Florida State back even further
- Check out Brian Pellerin’s College Football Betting Picks for Week 5
- Listen to Brian Pellerin’s Seminole Wrap: Where does Florida State football go from here? Please watch, read, listen, sign-up, and dammit you will like it.
‘Nole Radio Network
Game notes, via Seminoles.com
- Florida State hosts Syracuse this week in the Seminoles’ fourth home game in the season’s first five weeks. The last time Florida State had four home games in the first five weeks of a season was 2019, when the season opener was moved from Jacksonville to Tallahassee due to Hurricane Dorian. The last time the Seminoles had four scheduled home games in the first five weeks of a season was 2012 when they opened with four straight in Tallahassee.
- FSU leads the all-time series with Syracuse 11-2 (.846), including a perfect 6-0 mark in Tallahassee.
- Jashaun Corbin ranks 1st in the ACC and 2nd nationally with his average of 9.15 yards per carry this season. In records dating back to 2000, Corbin has the 4th-highest average by an ACC rusher and 19th-highest average nationally for any runner with at least 45 carries through a team’s first four games. The highest average in a team’s first four games since 2000 is Darrell Henderson’s 12.2 in 2018 under head coach Mike Norvell at Memphis.
- Florida State is tied for 1st in the ACC and 4th nationally with four plays of at least 60 yards this season. FSU’s two rushing plays of at least 70 yards are 1st in the ACC and tied for 2nd in the country.
- The Seminoles are tied for 4th in the ACC and for 25th in the NCAA with an average of 3.25 sacks per game, led by Jermaine Johnson II’s NCAA-high 6.0 total sacks.
- FSU ranks 5th in the ACC and 30th nationally with an average of 7.2 tackles for loss per game. Jermaine Johnson II’s 8.0 total TFLs are tied for 1st in the ACC and 3rd in FBS.
- Florida State’s defense held Louisville to 0 points, 79 yards of total offense, 1-for-8 on 3rd-down attempts and 0-for-1 on 4th-down attempts in the second half last week. It was FSU’s first shutout in a second half against an ACC opponent since Nov. 14, 2015 vs. North Carolina State.
- FSU is allowing an ACC-low 2.52 yards per rush after halftime this season. The Seminoles’ eight rushing first downs allowed after halftime also are the lowest in the conference, and Florida State is the only team in the ACC that has not allowed a 20-yard rush after halftime this season.
- Florida State rushed for 264 yards in the season opener vs. No. 9 Notre Dame, the program’s most rushing yards against a ranked opponent since totaling 287 yards on the ground vs. No. 10 Clemson on Sept. 22, 2012.