The start of the season is officially here.
Florida State is set to take on Notre Dame in primetime, kicking off the season with a bang.
Up until kickoff, check out all of our preview content and join the conversation below.
Florida State vs. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
7:30 p.m. ET
Game notes, via Seminoles.com
- Florida State opens its 2021 season in primetime Sunday, Sept. 5 hosting No. 9 Notre Dame. The game between two of college football’s iconic programs marks the seventh primetime season opener for the Seminoles in the last nine years and the fourth consecutive night game in the series.
- The season opener will be FSU’s first football game on a Sunday in school history.
- FSU leads the all-time series with Notre Dame 6-4 (.600), including a 4-1 mark (.800) in the state of Florida. The teams have split their two matchups in Tallahassee, with the most recent coming in 2014, when No. 2 Florida State defeated the 5th-ranked Fighting Irish 31-27. » FSU is 30-10 (.750) all-time when opening the season at home, including an 18-4 (.818) mark since 1975. Overall, the Seminoles are 54-20 (.730) in season openers.
- Florida State is opening its season in Tallahassee for the fourth straight season, its longest stretch of seasonopening home contests since starting five straight years at home from 2008-12. The only other times FSU has played at least four straight season openers in Tallahassee are 1947-51, 1954-62 and 1981-84.
- After having the youngest team in college football last season with freshmen and sophomores making up 75 percent of the roster, Florida State added 13 transfers with a combined 309 games of collegiate experience for the 2020 season.
- FSU’s 13 transfers have recorded 1,677 rushing yards, 25 rushing touchdowns, 630 completions, 8,683 passing yards, 72 passing touchdowns, 102 receptions, 1,106 receiving yards, nine receiving touchdowns, 590 tackles, 61.0 tackles for loss, 35.0 sacks, 43 quarterback hurries, 32 pass breakups, eight forced fumbles, three interceptions and two fumble recoveries.
- Last season, Florida State averaged 199.9 rushing yards per game, the program’s highest since 2016, and 5.11 yards per rush, its most since 2015. The Seminoles ranked 4th in the ACC in yards per carry and 5th in the conference in rushing yards per game.
- » FSU ranked 23rd nationally in yards-per-rush average and 16th among teams with at least 350 carries in 2020
ABC (more on how to watch)
‘Nole Radio Network
Vegas line, Spread
Notre Dame +7
Triple Option: How FSU can win, XsandNoles, Matchup Memories, Q&A. Depth Chart
Florida State vs. Notre Dame Game Thread
(Links will be added when they publish)