ELITE@CoachAdamFuller is one of 15 semifinalists for the Broyles Award presented to the best assistant coach in the country— FSU Football (@FSUFootball) November 20, 2023
: https://t.co/O48yayxC2f#NoleFamily | #KeepCLIMBing pic.twitter.com/aYndpm0zCS
If you had to pick one athlete that perfectly embodied FSU’s climb and return to prominence; it would be Jordan Travis.
A statement from QB1:
College Football Playoff rankings tonight; fully expect FSU to be No. 5 tonight after Washington beat No. 11 Oregon State on the road this weekend.
Mike Norvell’s team is ready to finish the job for 13.
David Ubben of The Athletic is pretty clear; if FSU wins out FSU should be in.
Quarterback J.T. Barrett left the field at Ohio Stadium in the exact same way in 2014, seated on a cart, his broken leg in an air cast, in pain over the injury but stewing over a season that appeared lost.
The committee is well within its protocol if it chooses to exclude an undefeated Florida State from the Playoff.
When ranking teams, committee members may consider “relevant factors such as unavailability of key players and coaches that may have affected a team’s performance during the season or likely will affect its postseason performance.”
Travis’ injury obviously qualifies.
But the sport has seen this exact scenario play out before.
Give Florida State a chance.
Forget the 12-team playoff; if you’re looking for drama you already have it.
Dino Babers out, Sam Pittman still alive; the coaching carousel is already having unexpected consequences on college football.
And of course another cinematic recap but not without one last thank you to No. 13:
FSU is the favorite for another top 100 DB as it looks like FSU is trending heavily for four-star DB recruit Cai Bates, formerly committed to LSU.
247’s National Director of Recruiting, Steve Wiltfong, interviewed the top recruit in the 2025 class, OT David Sanders, Jr. whom was recently on FSU’s campus for the Miami game.
The Sanders camp left Tallahassee very impressed.
“We had a great time at Florida State!” Sanders mother Samantha said. “The atmosphere was completely electrifying! We stayed standing almost the entire game! We had an opportunity to tour the facility and see all of the new updates that are on the way.”
“We just truly love the overall family atmosphere of Florida State. Everyone seemed to have an awesome relationship with one another. We had an opportunity to sit down with Coach Norvell and he was so appreciative that we came back to visit.”
FSU Hoops followed up the loss to Florida with a solid victory over UNLV.
Get your tickets for Friday Night’s Elite 8 match-up:
The 13th-ranked Seminoles are headed to Las Vegas:
The two of the best interceptions of the year were both caught by Jalen Ramsey last Sunday:
71% of the Earth is covered by water, the other 29% is covered by Jalen Ramsey. pic.twitter.com/vApM41Kp6n— Tyler DeSena (@DeSenaSports) November 19, 2023
Tre Tucker has 4.2 speed but this wasn’t a good break and Jalen Ramsey capitalized on the first time the Raiders threw the ball his way. pic.twitter.com/3Hz0OENCk3— Ted Nguyen (@FB_FilmAnalysis) November 19, 2023
Jalen Ramsey is back in the state of Florida and looks as dominant as he looked in Jacksonville and at Florida State.
Seeing all of these guys back at FSU this weekend was awesome: