- It was a heavy day for Florida State football recruiting on Thursday with the dead period over.
- The ‘Noles picked up two new commitments to its 2017 on Thursday. Teammates Ontario Wilson and Tammorion Terry from Ashburn (Ga.) will both be heading to Tally. Terry is a three-star WR while Wilson an un-rated yet skillful defensive back.
- Tight ends coach Tim Brewster went and visited five-star defensive tackle target Marvin Wilson in Bellaire, Texas.
- Jimbo Fisher went in-house with four-star FSU defensive tackle commits Corey Durden and Ja’len Parks from Newberry (Fl.).
- Florida State lost WR Travis Rudolph who declared for the 2017 NFL Draft and will forgo his final season at FSU.
- Although the ‘Noles are one receiver lighter, FSU is still high on Keith Gavin, Da’Vante Phillips and George Campbell as Safid Deen writes.
- Alongside the record in postseason games, the ACC reigned in college football during 2016 and was by far the top conference in the country.
Kansas qb Ryan Willis has transferred to Virginia Tech per a source.— Dennis Dodd (@dennisdoddcbs) January 12, 2017
- In the first preseason ranking of the season, Florida State baseball ranks No. 3 according to Perfect Game.
- The No. 7 Florida State Women’s basketball squad defeated No. 9 Louisville at home last night 72-65.
- In the Director’s Cup standings, which factors in each sport at a program, Florida State moved up into the top-20 following an eight place postseason ranking.