Bud Elliott and Ingram Smith return with another episode of The Nolecast, the No. 1 Florida State podcast. Listen to the show in the player below the article, or with this direct link.
Show notes are as follows...
- This is where FSU has to win the game
- Weirdly non-explosive offense, but running the QB a lot keeps the Tigers ahead of the chains and they they sustain drives. ... 20+ yard plays -- Clemson 39 in 9 games, FSU 34 in 8. Weirdly similar. ... When Clemson gets behind the chains, it doesn’t usually get back ahead. ... Have to win first down
- Kelly Bryant has been bad throwing it deep. 16-42 on 15+ passes on the entire season. ... Passing success rate: 28th, passing explosiveness: 125th. ... Bryant is an awesome runner. It’s easier to find runners than passers.
- Good offensive line, LT Mitch Hyatt is the star of the group. Crowder is highly thought of by coaching staff
- Explosive, sometimes inconsistent RBs Tavien Feaster and Travie Etienne
- Deon Cain is an elite WR, Hunter Renfrow is a dependable target. Massive amt of rotation, group is talented/lacks leadership of past years units
- This is where FSU has to not lose the game.
- Fisher has typically had a good plan for Venables’ defense
- Auden Tate, Jon Vickers, Derrick Kelly are all questionable.
- Incredible up front. Christian Wilkins, Dexter Lawrence, Clelin Ferrell, Austin Bryant. This is the biggest advantage Clemson has.
- Strong linebacker play from Dorian O’Daniel and Kendall Joseph
- Secondary is the weakness if there is one, but it’s not bad and FSU is not well suited to exploit it. Weakest piece is probably Tanner Muse.
- Teams have exploited them with play action on early downs.
- Hostile environment is the first of the year
- Field goals could help make this a close loss, and Jimbo Fisher loves kicking field goals
- Line Clemson -16, 46