Bud Elliott and Ingram Smith return for another episode of The Nolecast, the No. 1 FSU podcast. First up is the Syracuse Orange vs. Florida State Seminoles preview, then some talk about coaching changes, and finally some recruiting chatter. Listen in the player below, or at this direct link.
- Line: FSU -5, 50.5
- Gavin/Patrick could be back, we’ll see. Both returned to workouts.
- QB Eric Dungey is a really good college QB. We got flak in the preseason for saying he was better than Deondre Francois.
- WR Steve Ishmael is his favorite target. Most of the other WRs get open due to scheme and tempo.
- OLine sort of suspect at times.
- RB Dontae Strickland has some decent size
- 13th in pace, will try to run a ton of plays
- Syracuse defense is actually improved.
- Big DTs, but smaller ends and backers. Could be a good day for stretch running.
- Alton Robinson good pass rusher.
- Chris Slayton v. the run.
- Syracuse loads the box early and dares teams to throw.
Follow The Nolecast on Twitter @Nolecast.
As always, The Nolecast is brought to you by Louisiana Hot Sauce, and the fine restaurants of the Tallahassee For The Table Restaurant Group (Madison Social, Township, and Centrale).