- In it’s rankings of defensive lines among ACC teams, ESPN has Clemson’s defensive line listed as the No. 1 unit in the conference, just ahead of Florida State. Do the ‘Noles have a legitimate gripe over not being No. 1?
The Seminoles lose ACC Defensive Player of the Year DeMarcus Walker, and that is a big loss. But the Seminoles return three other starters from a unit that got better as last season went on. Derrick Nnadi (six sacks, 10 tackles for loss), Demarcus Christmas (21 tackles), Josh Sweat (seven sacks, 11.5 TFLs) and Brian Burns (9.5 sacks, 10.5 TFLs) all return, and ESPN 300 defensive end Joshua Kaindoh is in for spring. That’s a pretty heady group for starters, and depth is expected to be better this season as well. There are high expectations in Tallahassee this spring, and the returning defensive line is a big reason why.
ACC stat of the day: Only 1 team in the country threw for double digit TDs and no INTs on third down last season: Florida State (10/0).— Guy On Couch (@DavidHaleESPN) February 14, 2017
- Regarding the top linebacking core in the ACC, that honor goes to the Virginia Tech Hokies, according to ESPN. The ‘Noles slide in at No. 3 in the conference behind Miami.
- It was a slow day for FSU football news on Tuesday, so here’s a 10-minute video of every 40+ yard touchdown reception in the career of all-pro NFL WR Randy Moss.
- Take a look inside the last 72 hours of National Signing Day with LSU head coach Ed Orgeron. The shadowing includes the reaction of the new head coach missing out on coveted five-star defensive tackle Marvin Wilson to FSU.
- Florida State offered 2018 OT Nana Asiedu from Stafford (Va.) North Stafford. The four-star recruit is ranked the No. 103 player, No. 11 OT in the nation according to 247 Composite rankings and the No. 3 player in Virginia.
- Free throw shooting is hard, just ask Seminoles.com and former Tomahawk Nation writer Ariya Massoudi who only hit three of nine free throws (33%) during Monday’s FSU women’s basketball game. For comparison, among the 117 qualified NBA players, none have shot below 43.9% this season.
How many free throws do you think you could make out of 10?
- FSU softball hits the field today, traveling cross city to take on FAMU at 6:00 PM on Wednesday evening.