- USA Today named the Florida State vs. Alabama game the best game in college football’s opening weekend. Right behind the duo at No. 2 is Florida vs. Michigan and VT vs. West Virginia at No. 3. Besides the Florida State game, which opening weekend game are you looking forward to the most?
Alabama’s nearly a consensus preseason No. 1, based on early polls, and the Seminoles aren’t too far behind. The winner — especially if it’s the Crimson Tide — will take an early turn behind the driver’s seat in the race for a Playoff berth.
- Florida State commit, and high school junior Robert Cooper benched 450 lbs. on Tuesday. You have to see the video to believe it.
- The same question is asked before every college football season —- Will Miami finally win an ACC title? ESPN answers that question, noting that the Canes are chasing Clemson, not Florida State.
- Four-star cornerback Jalyn Armour-Davis from Mobile (Al.) St. Paul's Episcopal released his top six schools on Tuesday with Florida State making the cut for the No. 95 overall rated player in the nation, alongside Georgia, LSU, USC, UF and Auburn.
- Florida State baseball overcame a 5-3 deficit in the eight inning to defeat Jacksonville University on the road Tuesday night.
- Florida State men’s basketball did not have the same fate, falling to Duke on the road 75-70.
- In SB Nation’s latest bracketology report, Florida State is listed as a No. three seed, playing Belmont in the opening game.