- At the NFL combine on Thursday, Florida State running backs Dalvin Cook and Freddie Stevenson were measured and performed bench presses in front of scouts. Cook, measuring in at 5’10 210 lbs. was able to record 22 bench presses with Freddie Stevenson, 6’0 234 lbs. recording 24 of his own. Stevenson’s 24 reps were second among participants while Cook’s mark of 22 was good for fourth.
- The date has been set for Florida State at Notre Dame in 2018. The ‘Noles will travel to South Bend, Indiana on November 10th for its next game vs. the Irish.
- Florida State QBS have achieved each of those feats every season since 2010 with the exception of 2015 which saw Everett Golson and Sean Maguire split duties as starting quarterback.
- One unnamed NFL source according to Gridiron Now blasted Dalvin Cook and warns any team looking to draft the Florida State legend.
“Fumbles and arrests are a bad combination,” an anonymous “NFC Executive” was quoted as saying about Cook on NFL.com. “He’s got a lot of ability, but he’s got on the field problems with ball security and multiple arrests off of it. You have to decide if he will be responsible with more money and more time on his hands. If you have any doubts, just wait around for another running back because there will be plenty this year.”
- Florida State got its third 2019 commit on Thursday night when DT Lloyd Murray Jr. from Wichita Falls (Tx.) Hirschi High School committed to the Garnet and Gold.
- Florida State women’s basketball now knows its ACC tournament opening opponent after Miami (FL) defeated Georgia Tech in the first round. FSU has already defeated Miami twice this season.