- College football is on the rise in Florida as Miami, UCF and USF all were in the NCAA’s top-10 in attendance growth for the 2016 season. Miami had the second largest difference in numbers, growing by more than 11,000 spectators a game.
- Regarding Florida State in the document, FSU averaged the 18th most fans in college football at 76,800 per game. The ‘Noles attendance grew by 3,581 from 2015 to 1016 despite decreasing the seating capacity at Doak Campbell Stadium, good for 18th in the country.
- Cam Akers spoke to a television station in Mississippi and portrayed his eagerness to get back on the field after the Spring Game as Safid Deen writes.
- Clemson held its Spring Game on the same day as Florida State, and SB Nation’s Shakin’ the Southland has the recap of the event.
- Florida State offered four-star Texas running back Keaontay Ingram. The 2018 recruit is ranked the No. 292 overall player in the nation and 15th among running backs. In Texas, he is the 36th overall player according to 247 Composite Rankings.
Blessed to receive an offer from FSU!!!! pic.twitter.com/9XkJgMKcQx— keaontay ingram (@keaontay_ingram) April 10, 2017
- NBA bound guard Dwayne Bacon has signed with Roc Nation. He joins the company that also represents 13 other players including Kevin Durant, Justise Winslow, Rudy Gay, Caris Levert, Jeremy Lin, Willie Cauley-Stein, Ty Lawson, Henry Ellenson, Mike Gbinije, Skylar Diggins, James Young and Josh Hart.
Roc Nation has signed former Florida State wing Dwayne Bacon.— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) April 11, 2017
- This is unrelated to everything, but as a Miami Marlins fan, I’m obligated to link this video of a cat running across the field and creating mayhem during the game. As you can see, it got itself in a hairy situation. The video is still purr-fect and the cat escaped unharmed.