- 2017 NFL Draft bound Dalvin Cook has had some off the field situations arise while at Florida State, however an NFL agent had apparently started a rumor about Cook, attempting to sabotage his draft stock as Robert Klemko brilliantly writes.
To Villani’s surprise, after the Senior Bowl he started getting calls from scouts and coaches suggesting the opposite. He was told that an agent had started a rumor at the all-star game: Cook was showing up to workouts late—if he came at all—that he’d arrived with alcohol on his breath on occasion, and with unsavory characters from the neighborhood in tow.
- However, Matt Miller says that scouts still has a big question mark, larger than Oklahoma’s Joe Mixon.
A Scout Says: "With my job on the line, I trust [Joe] Mixon a lot more than Dalvin Cook."https://t.co/YwotiHq3Fp— Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) March 23, 2017
- Cook’s grandmother, Betty Cook, has said that Philadelphia Eagles running back coach Duce Staley really wants Cook on the Eagles. Philly holds the No. 14 overall pick in Thursday’s draft.
- Among FBS teams with the hardest out of conference schedule in 2017, Florida State’s was ranked the seventh toughest according to USA Today. Florida came in at No. 8 with fellow ACC squad Georgia Tech at No. 5.
Schedule: vs. Alabama in Atlanta (9/2), vs. Louisiana-Monroe (9/9), vs. Delaware State (11/18), at Florida (11/25)
The opener against Alabama is that rare early season game with a winner-take-all feel, even if the Playoff era has increased the chances for a one-loss team to eventually play for the national championship.
Miami announces QB Jack Allison is leaving the program.— Matt Baker (@MBakerTBTimes) April 25, 2017
- A large group of 2019 Georgia recruits plan to visit Florida State this upcoming weekend, according to Noles247.
According to a tweet from FSU commitment Kenyatta Watson Jr., he and six other Georgia recruits including five-star LB Owen Pappoe, five-star WR Jashawn Sheffield, five-star DB Jaylen McCollough, four-star OT Wanya Morris (FSU commit), four-star ATH Ronald Thompkins and four-star WR Ramel Keyton will be on the trip.
- Florida State baseball was victorious at Stetson Tuesday night. Stay tuned to Tomahawk Nation for the 3 up, 3 down.
- North Carolina’s Joel Berry, who declared without an agent for the NBA Draft, will return for his senior season at Chapel Hill.
- This is completely unrelated to anything Florida State news, but as a Miami Marlins fan, I could not leave out the biggest news of yesterday — The Miami Marlins were finally sold, according to reports!!!