- Thursday night was the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft. For the first time since 2012, Florida State did not have a first round selection as RB Dalvin Cook fell. Some experts are noting Cook’s shoulder injury and character issues as a cause for concern. He and DE DeMarcus Walker should both hear their names called on Friday night.
@D1Scottie both— Dan Kadar (@MockingTheDraft) April 28, 2017
- Among the teams that passed on Cook was Tampa Bay, a popular mock draft destination. Instead, the team took Alabama TE O.J. Howard and Tom Jones of the Tampa Bay Times says that was the right decision.
- The Edwardsville Intelligencer broke down 14 players in the ACC that could breakout during fall camp. Among the names is Florida State’s Derwin James.
- Michigan tight end Jake Butt received one of his first endorsement deals....from Charmin —- Yes, the toilet paper company.
- Don’t worry, OL Forrest Lamp of WKU also got an endorsement deal from a local lamp store.
My "steals" for the draft are Ryan Anderson-Joe Mixon-Jordan Leggett-A.Kamara-Dalvin Tomlinson-Zach Cunningham-Curtis Samuel-DeMarcus Walker— Kirk Herbstreit (@KirkHerbstreit) April 27, 2017
This is the first time since 2009 that no player that played high school football in Florida was selected in the 1st round of the #NFLDraft.— Florida HS Football (@FlaHSFootball) April 28, 2017
- Florida State picked up a commitment from five-star DB Anthony Lytton from Upper Marlboro, Md. Lytton is the No. 21 recruit in the nation according to 247 Composite Rankings and is now the highest ranked recruit in FSU’s 2018 class.
Thanks to @FSU_Football HC Jimbo Fisher for joining us! He discussed the FSU players in the Draft, Bucs QB Jameis Winston & much more! #GMFB pic.twitter.com/LDRLeRkN7s— GMFB (@gmfb) April 27, 2017
The more I look, the more I kind of think Jonathan Isaac might be the best defensive prospect in this draft. I’m writing on him for tomorrow— Sam Vecenie (@Sam_Vecenie) April 27, 2017