- There has been an obvious omission of attendance during home Florida State football games, specifically in the Champions Club. As Corey Clark found out from Stan Wilcox, they know there is a problem and the school wants to fix it.
- In another way-too-early 2018 mock draft, this time from CBS, DB Derwin James (No. 6), DB Tarvarus McFadden (No. 22) and DE Josh Sweat (No. 27) are all slated to be first round picks.
- In Stewart Mandel’s top-25 compiled after each school’s spring game, Florida State sits at No. 7, behind Clemson at No. 5 and Washington at No. 6.
There’s a lot to like about the ‘Noles, particularly on defense, where All-American S Derwin James returns after missing most of last season. He was dominant in spring. Counting James, FSU returns 10 starters on that side of the ball. But reports out of spring indicate QB Deondre Francois and the ‘Noles’ passing game remain a work in progress. Freshman RB Cam Akers may have to shine from Week 1.
- Florida State football offered the 2019 No. 1 WR in the country, Jadon Haselwood. The Georgia commit has 16 offers already and stands in at 6’2.5, 180 lbs. His offers come from top-tier schools such as Georgia, Auburn, Michigan, Florida, Louisville, LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma among others.
- Florida State men’s basketball offered 2019 prospect Jaylin Williams from Nahunta (Ga.) Brantley County. The 6’6 power forward has nine total offers from UNLV, VT, OK State, Auburn, Uconn, Georgia, Georgia Tech and Nebraska.
- Recent Minnesota Vikings draft pick Dalvin Cook told the Minnesota Vikings that he’s going to give them everything he’s got.
- SB Nation’s Vikings site, the Daily Norseman, breaks down Cook into an NFL perspective and why he fell to the second round of the 2017 NFL Draft.
Panthers exercised fifth-year option for WR Kelvin Benjamin, per source.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 2, 2017