- Although the preseason AP Top 25 has yet to be released for the 2017 season, Alabama Head Coach Nick Saban has already gone on record saying that Florida State will probably be ranked No. 1 when the teams kickoff the season against one another. Do you think the ‘Noles will indeed be ranked No. 1 heading into the game?
- The statement came when Saban was discussing Alabama’s plans for Florida State, saying preparation for the big game has already begun.
- In the latest Vegas odds from South Point Casino, Florida State is favored in its game at Florida and the underdog when the team travels to Clemson.
- Athlon Sports released its preseason predictions of the 2017 Florida State football season, and said FSU will finish the season ranked No. 3 in the overall polls and No. 1 in the ACC Atlantic Division.
Jimbo Fisher said something similar after 2012. But he was talking about national title, not the worst division in Power 5 SEC East. https://t.co/Rb8t2XnJrq— Bud Elliott (@BudElliott3) May 30, 2017
- Five-star DE Micah Parsons from Harrisburg (Pa.) Harrisburg trimmed his list of schools down to nine teams, which includes Florida State among Florida, Penn State, Georgia, Ohio State, Miami, Florida, Michigan, Alabama, and Nebraska. Parsons is ranked the No. 3 overall prospect per 247 Composite Rankings and the 2018 recruit stands in at 6’3 235 lbs.
- SB Nation broke down a mock 2017 NBA Draft if Lonzo Ball is not selected by the LA Lakers. Among the selections is FSU’s Jonathan Isaac at No. 5.
Surely the Kings would take Ball if available ... right? Well, maybe. Or maybe they’d fill a crucial, gaping hole for a defensive-first wing with excellent physical tools and lots of upside. Sacramento appears to be setting up to nab Fox if he’s available; perhaps that focus on Fox convinces them Ball is more hype than reality, since Fox vs. Ball appears to be a polarizing debate in draft circles.