- 247 released a list of who they believe are the 10 most irreplaceable players in college football. On that list is star FSU DB Derwin James.
The Seminoles already know what it’s like to be without James, and it ain’t easy. A true freshman star in 2015, James played nearly every defensive position for Florida State in a year where it finished ninth nationally in points allowed. Last year, James suffered a season-ending injury in Week 2. From that point on the Seminoles allowed 25.7 points per game, which would’ve ranked the team 48th nationally for the entire season. There are other factors that impacted the defensive drop off from 2015 to 2016 (like a lack of quality linebacker depth), but there’s no question Florida State’s defense is significantly less flexible without James. The junior is the most versatile player in college football, and his skill set cannot be replaced.
- Fanrag made five predictions for the upcoming 2017 Florida State football season including Derwin James being a Heisman finalist.
- Tar Heel Blog breaks down the over/under win totals for all of the ACC. Florida State has an O/U of 9.5 wins.
I think FSU is a playoff team this year, so OVER. However, a week one loss to Alabama is probably likely, Home dates with Miami, State, and Louisville are all at least a little tricky, and then they play Clemson on the road. Drop two to the CFP finalists and one of the three home games, and I’m steering you wrong. Eh. Still, over.
- In attendance at Jimbo Fisher camp was four-star 2018 OG Trey Hill who ranks No. 30 overall in the nation and No. 2 among offensive guards according to 247 Composite Rankings.
- Florida State handed out an offer to 2021 — yes, 2021 — QB Aaron McLaughlin who has been in attendance at Jimbo Fisher camp this past week. The eighth grader already has 10 offers and spoke about his performance in Tallahassee on Thursday.
After a great camp and talk with coach Fisher, I am honored to have been offered by Florida State University! #gonoles Psalm 20:4 pic.twitter.com/xO5IUdqI4l— Aaron McLaughlin (@11_apm) June 15, 2017
- UNC picked up a talented four-star QB recruit in Tyler Shough, adding to the QB powerhouse the ACC is becoming.
- Florida State baseball arrived in Omaha and will play its first game on Saturday vs. LSU.
We're back. #CWS pic.twitter.com/Fm14l4pWaf— FSU Baseball (@FSUBaseball) June 15, 2017
- Some former Seminoles and coaches from other sports at the school chimed in with their support.
Past, present and future.— FSU Seminoles (@Seminoles) June 15, 2017
We're in this together.#SeeYouInOmaha @FSUBaseball pic.twitter.com/kJVruZMl4P